Chapter 44: Practice, Practice, Practice!

I yawned and watched her place some eggs on a pan, placing long strips of bacon on another. She looked over and gestured me to come over, looking over at the pan of eggs.

I stood and walked over, taking the pan and placing it carefully putting it inside a nearby furnace. She did the same and stared at the furnace, not moving an inch away from it.

I placed my elbow on the top of the corner, resting my cheek on my hand. I took small glances at the furnace with the eggs, pulling out the pan constantly.

"Don't get too worried, it's not gonna burn. Remove a few coals if you need to, one of those eggs are yours too." Kia spoke, still continuing to stare at the furnace.

I looked and checked the bottom of the furnace, fixing my gaze on the coals. I took a few out, looking back at the pan. I pulled the pan out of the furnace and placed it on the counter, taking out some plates.

Kia took out the pan with bacon out as well, swirling some of the oily fat of the bacon around the strips. I placed the eggs on the plates, pushing them over to Kia.

She quickly placed the bacon on the plates and put away the pans, taking out all the coals from the furnace. I took the plates and placed it on the table, walking over to the chest and getting some bread.

Kia walked over to the table with a knife and fork, placing them next to the plates. I walked back to the table and sat down, Kia doing the same.

We both started to eat, smiling at the taste. "Teamwork is delicious." I said, continuing to eat. "That sounds cannibalistic." Kia said, giving a small snicker.

I laughed stopped eating for a moment, trying to stop the small chuckles. "Stop laughing, it'll get cold." Kia smiled, continuing to eat.

I stopped and cleared my throat, continuing to eat. We finished a few moments after, just giving small talk after while we still lazed around on the table.

A soft knock sounded from the door, making us both turn our gaze to the door. Kia stood and walked to it, opening the door just slightly.

"Who is it?" She asked, peeking her head out of the door. "Time for practice." A familiar voice said, obviously belonging to Notch.

I stood and put away the plates, quickly walking next to Kia. She swung the door wide open, walking out. I followed and shut the door, quickly walking over to the two.

We had a quick fight session, stopping at high noon. We relaxed for a bit after the small event, having a small picnic in a made-up park, the one that looked like below. We all just ate some sandwiches for a while, keeping silent.

"Hey, can we talk about Ty for a moment?" Kia said, getting my attention away from the sandwich. I nodded, but was confused. "You know about the things people have been saying about him these days, right?" She continued, finishing the partially eaten sandwich.

I stared, but still nodded. I stopped eating, putting the sandwich back in the small bag. "Yeah...I doubt it would be stopping anytime soon, I'm worried..." I replied, looking back up at her in worry.

"It seems to be getting worse. Like they started saying things you wouldn't ever expect to hear in real life. Then they start mentioning Sky, which is pretty much the hardest for him." She responded, an extremely concerned tone stuck in her voice.

"'Hey, where's Sky?'

'Where's Sky, you're finally done with his shit? Because if you are, we're done with yours.'

'Your 'Dead Army' isn't cool. Fail army I should say.'

I know people love Adam, but it's like they only talk to Ty just to see Sky. It's terrible." She continued, staring down at the blanket we both sat on.

"They don't know about Sky, and that's reasonable, but blaming it on him is...too much. Everything's gone downhill since Ty stopped coming to events which Sky came in publicly, only meeting up with him when there aren't strangers around." I added, playing around with the small bag I put my sandwich in.

"I wanna help him Mitch, I really do. But look at me, I failed as a recruit. I failed as a friend." She continued, trying to choke back small tears.

I stared for a moment, slowly glancing down at the cloth underneath me. I slowly walked over and patted her back, avoiding her gaze. 

"You're never alone in this topic, okay? You can go ahead and cry, because you know others would too, right?" I stated, feeling her flinch and cry.

"I feel him breaking. I can feel it." She croaked out, crying harder. "Come on, it's not your fault. It's not anyone's. It can be his choice to come back with Adam in public, but you know it isn't. It isn't because Sky isn't here. It was never his choice from the start, he kept Sky as a dear friend, not his whole essence." I replied, starting to stroke her back.

She slowly stopped, trying to hold it all inside. "I want to help him so fucking bad." She said, continuing to sniff uncontrollably. 

"I do too. But the most we can do now is practice. Practice, practice, practice. That's all the help he needs, because it's the most we can give and that's okay." I replied, continuing to stroke.

It's the most we can give.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

oH GOD IT'S LONG

okay fine you caught me

this was pretty much a hidden rant about irl ty

if you've seen his latest comments, well, yeah

you know that shit

it's his choice if he wants to record with adam

don't be fucking rude okay??

welp i'm done being angry

leave a vote, comment and follow

see you later assholes

mAHAAAAAAAAAAA

//punch