Chapter 27

Jerome ran through the large halls, each one of his steps echoing across. He was sprinting to the infirmary, as one of the doctors said Mitch had a problem.

The water had not left his lungs.

Jerome panted, but ignoring it as he ran through. He quickly ran inside, nearly tripping by the corner of the door. 

He stared at Mitch as he laid there in silence, breathing quite slowly. The heart monitor beeped in a slow waltz-like tune, hearing a few coughs from Mitch every now and then.

Jerome quietly walked over to his quiet body, sitting down. He gently held Mitch's hand, a deeply slum expression etched on his face.

Mitch flinch slightly, his eyes slowly fluttering open. Jerome's eyes widened, quickly gripping on his hand. "M-Mitch! YOU'RE AWAKE!"

He slowly turned his slightly gray pupils to Jerome's surprised yet happy face, giving a weak smile. "Hey biggums...sorry I had to make you wait..." He breathed out, his voice rough and forced.

Jerome smiled and gently stroked his hand, looking down. "You don't have to speak. And no, it's okay, I'm glad you're awake...I just..."

Jerome quickly stopped and tightened his grip on the boy's hand, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. "Why..?"

Mitch's faint smile quickly faded, carefully turning his position to face Jerome. "Jerome...I had to do it...for Adam." He weakly replied, placing his other hand on the man's.

"I KNOW THAT! BUT WHY RISK YOUR OWN LIFE?! YOU'RE NOT ADAM, MITCH!" Jerome blurted out, quickly shutting his lips and giving him and apologetic look. "Mitch..I-I'm sorry-"

"It's fine biggums." Mitch quickly stopped him, looking up and giving a half-hearted smile. "I know I'm not, and I never will be. But..."

Jerome's tears dripped down his face, staring intently into the other's eyes. "But I would like to at least protect him." Mitch stated, intertwining his fingers with the bacca.

Jerome didn't budge, smiling sweetly. "I understand. Just...don't hurt yourself again, promise?" He said, lightly poking the boy's face.

Mitch chuckled and nodded, gently going back to his last position. "Hey dood, it's been a long time since it rained, with the sun peeking out. Weird, isn't it?" He stated, staring at the gloomy, yet sunlit sky.

Jerome quickly looked over to the window and gave a hum. "Yeah, we don't see that often, do we?" He replied, smiling at the boy next to him.

Mitch kept on staring at the window, as silent as a mouse. Jerome's smile quickly faded, giving a concerned expression.

"Mitch, are you okay?" Jerome asked, stroking Mitch's slightly cold hands.

"...Do you think I'll be able to see another one..?"

Jerome's eyes quickly widened at the response, his brows furrowing in worry. "Mitch, don't say that. You'll be okay." He quickly spat, making Mitch turn with a tears on his cheeks.

"Why do you think you came here?" He said, making Jerome stare in sadness. "Yeah, I heard. There were still water in my lungs." He glared, holding tightly to the fluffy hand.

"I might not last longer Jerome. Look at me, I'm as pale as a sheet!" He continued, staring down at his shivering hand. "I'm gonna die alo-"

Jerome quickly put his hand on Mitch's lips, gaining a confused look from the brown haired boy. Jerome growled, holding onto his arms.

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE ALONE! I SWEAR TO NOTCH IF YOU DO I WILL- I-I will..." Jerome stammered, gently loosing his grip. 

Mitch stroked the bacca's head, making Jerome whimper and look down. "It's okay biggums, I might be right, or I might be wrong. But you know, it'll be bound to happen one day..."

Jerome stayed silent, yet still gave a small nod in response. Mitch smiled and coughed, slamming down on the bed. "Ugh, Notch I'm tired..."

Jerome patted his head and smiled, slowly pulling away his intertwined hand. "Go rest. I'll just go ask a doctor to check on you."

He nodded and slowly shut his eyes, gently drifting into sleep. Jerome smiled and stood, quietly walking to the hall.

He shut the door, starting to whistle and walk to the left side of the door. "JEROME!" Ty yelled from behind, quickly pulling Jerome's arm.

Jerome yelped and slipped, falling on the cold floor underneath him. "Meeting. NOW." Ty growled, seeming furious. 

Jerome looked at him confused, being dragged to the meeting hall. "Um, Ty? Are you okay buddy, you need some water or-"

"I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM JUST COME WITH ME YOU FURRY FUCK." Ty bellowed, walking faster.

The two finally arrived, Ty broke the door open, quickly throwing Jerome inside. Everyone in the room looked at Jerome, some helping him up. 

Jerome groaned and sat next to Jason, rubbing his head. "Ugh, what's wrong with him?" Jerome hissed, poking a large red bump that formed on the back of his head.

"We don't know, that's why we're probably in here. We have to listen before he starts stabbing Jordan over there." Jason replied, pointing at Ty who stood behind Sparklez, breaking his shades in half.

Ty stomped to the front of the whole group, slamming his fists on the table. "Hey, where's Kia?" Taylor asked, quickly looking around, everyone else doing the same.

Ty loudly snorted his nose, quite like a bull. (no stop laughing he'll kill you)

"Get the fuck in here Seto." Ty growled, shooting daggers at the broken doorway. Seto quietly walked in, avoiding everyone's gaze as he stared at the floor below him.

Seto slowly looked up, a small patch placed on his forehead. Everyone gasped, making Jason quickly stand up and grip on Ty's shirt.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TY?!" He yelled, gaining the most attention from the others. 

"JASON JASON, IT'S OKAY. A BOTTLE JUST ACCIDENTALLY HIT MY HEAD ON MY WAY BACK TO THE ENTRANCE, DON'T WORRY I'M FINE." Seto said, quickly pulling the suited boy away.

Jason had calmed down, but Ty wasn't one bit. "Tell them what happened Seto, I'm fucking done with that asshole." Ty exclaimed, glaring at Seto.

Seto sighed, explaining the whole situation.

Everyone stared in discomfort, silence filling the room. "She was a fucking liar." Ty muttered, grabbing the attention of the others.

"She...She took away..." Ty stopped for a moment, the drops of rain starting to pour down heavily. He looked down, scratching the table in front of him.

"Everything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

ahaaa a long chapter for lying  sortof and having no chapter the other day

i like describing kia as a liar so fucking much hahaha

if you don't get the purpose of the sun and rain

it's supposed to mean ty's anger and temporary depression lel

the sun as anger and the rain as depression

yay time to kill off some people in the next chapter

have fun hUHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUU