Chapter 456 - 461

CHAPTER 456

Decoy Tactics and Recon Planes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The enemy's deployment has changed.

Admiral Volk Thesis of the Purple Star Fleet pondered over the various reports from the cloaked Spyrad reconnaissance fighters.

Vice Admiral Jog Neon, the Chief of Staff, looked down at a map of Southeast Asia.

"The enemy fleet that had been probing us has departed, and a new fleet has moved from the mainland."

"It appears to be a new type not in our data."

The intelligence officer cast his gaze over the reconnaissance reports.

"A large aircraft carrier comparable to our Lithos-class. Its flight deck has an unusual shape with a diagonal extension. Since it resembles the deck of the enemy's submersible carrier we recently fought, it might be a new trend among Japanese carriers."

In other words, it is certainly a new type of ship. Moreover, there are four of them. If they are comparable to the Lithos-class, they likely have a complement of 120 aircraft each. With open deck parking, they could carry around 500 planes in total across the four ships.

"We've also confirmed a battleship leader resembling the Protoboros-class—"

"Is that the Japanese fleet's flagship?"

Neon raised an eyebrow. For Thesis, it was a significant opponent from the battle at Hawaii where flagships fought one-on-one.

"It's probably something salvaged from the Diadochos," Thesis stated. "The second ship was taken out in the Indian Ocean. It could be that one."

The memory was still fresh of Admiral Lyris Telos' flagship being defeated by the Japanese. The speed at which the enemy's captured ships were being repaired was a threat.

"Then... is that so?"

Thesis reviewed the fleet that appeared at the Lingga Anchorage using the identification charts from various Terran countries.

"It's a force centered around reconstructed ships previously used by the Atlantic Fleet."

"—In other words?"

"Nine out of ten, it's a newly trained fleet still in training... I see, the Japanese have read our intentions."

Thesis grinned. It was as expected.

"The Japanese have redirected their main forces towards the Solomons. They pretended to be deceived by our diversion and sent in forces that won't be used for the decisive battle."

The shiny new fleet that appeared at Lingga Anchorage was still inexperienced. While they were only focusing on appearances and deception, the Japanese main forces were heading to the battlefield. Neon frowned slightly.

"In other words, the enemy in front of us is a ragtag bunch. They've underestimated us... Shall we engage?"

If the reinforcements are weak enemies, then an attack would be warranted. Thesis declared that he could defeat such enemies, who would likely be unable to use their ships effectively or coordinate properly.

"No, don't you think it's too obvious?"

Thesis seemed amused.

"An inexperienced enemy. However, once they become proficient, they could be a threat as new ships. If we're going to act, it's now—that's what they want us to think."