Chapter 497 Sirius Becoming An Auror

Finally, Mr. Weasley roused everyone, and Evan felt as though he had barely begun to slumber when it occurred.

Mr. Weasley had been on duty all night, appearing weary but in good spirits.

He informed everyone that no one had perished except for a few injuries, and that the Ministry of Magic had adequately tended to the wounded.

Amidst the chaos of the previous night, for things to culminate this way was almost miraculous.

Everyone assisted Kreacher in packing up the tent and swiftly left the camp.

They decided to employ the Portkey to return to The Burrow, with only Percy eager to report directly to the Ministry of Magic.

In his view, the prior evening had been an especially trying day.

Such a ruthless and significant event had unfolded in the magical world; he needed to stay at his post and await Mr. Crouch's orders at any moment. Naturally, Fred and George insisted it could only be due to those leaks in the cauldrons.

Eventually, Mr. Weasley persuaded Percy to go home and check on his mother first before heading to work at the Ministry of Magic. So much had transpired the night before, and Mrs. Weasley must have been quite anxious at that point.

Thus, the group strolled through the early morning mist at the silent camp.

In just one night, everything appeared desolate, not a single figure in sight.

The tents had been packed, leaving behind only a mess on the ground.

Wizards who could Apparate fled during the prior night, while the rest sought Portkeys early.

No one wanted to linger a moment longer after the attack and the Dark Mark's appearance.

Evan thought it would be awkward to encounter Hermione in the morning after what had transpired the night before.

However, in truth, there was no difference, and things flowed naturally between them.

At first glance, nothing unusual could be discerned. They were the same as before, with a deep understanding.

But all that changed when they were alone!

Hermione was furious! She was upset by Evan's sudden "advance" the prior night. She was embarrassed and timid. She kindly offered to aid him in applying the potion and tending to his wounds. She never imagined it would end like this!

On top of everything, Sirius caught them!

Every time she thought of herself beneath Evan, his body pressing against hers, her face flushed!

It was Evan's fault. Yet despite this, Hermione acted normally.

She gave Evan the impression she was the familiar Hermione, not the shy kitten in his arms the night before.

While he breathed a sigh of relief seeing her this way, he also felt deep regret.

The prior night, he missed a good opportunity and did not see it through to the end, and now everything returned to how it was before!

Did he like her? Was that all he wanted to convey! He shouldn't even consider it next time and should immediately bare his heart. For now, he could only seek opportunities in the future.

What he didn't know was that, despite trying to maintain a calm facade, his heart was in turmoil. If he even mentioned what happened the prior night, she would be angry with him.

As for Sirius, the witness, he Disapparated and departed earlier.

Before leaving, he instructed Evan, Harry, and Hermione to remain at The Burrow and not go anywhere.

After Hermione left the prior night, Sirius spoke with Evan about his intention to accept Fudge's offer to become an Auror.

Sirius was affected by the vampire attacks and the Dark Mark's reappearance; he felt it was his duty to take action against Voldemort.

He needed to avenge Harry's parents, whom Voldemort had slain fourteen years ago.

Evan offered great support for Sirius's decision to become an Auror.

Sirius was a restless, unstoppable man. If not for his concern for Harry, he would likely have already rushed to the front lines against the dark wizards.

He did not fear danger but rather relished the thrill it brought and derived great satisfaction from it.

Being an Auror was the most fitting career for Sirius and his ultimate destiny.

From the conversation the night before, it was also evident that he admired Rufus Scrimgeour, Alastor Moody, and the Aurors' approach to doing things.

He aspired to become an Auror himself, which was one of his earliest dreams.

Sirius becoming an Auror could also greatly assist Evan and help him and his friends gather valuable information about the Ministry of Magic.

After Voldemort regained his strength, the Ministry's position would be crucial.

Though Evan had no hope in Fudge, it was worth recruiting more people to their cause.

In every aspect, Sirius becoming an Auror would bring many benefits.

Evan had previously considered seeking help from Professor Lupin, but running newspapers and shops clearly wasn't for him.

"I can't believe it. Sirius is really going to be an Auror!" Harry continued talking about it.

When Sirius announced the news this morning, everyone was surprised.

"Sirius has his reasons," said Evan. "All we can do is support his choice."

"I know, but his decision to become an Auror is very sudden... But it really suits him, doesn't it?!" Hermione said.

"Yes, and it's great!" replied Ron, "I also want to be an Auror, to catch those dark wizards and vampires. It's the coolest job in the world."

"How can I become an Auror?" Harry inquired further.

"Well, children," Mr. Weasley said, "After you pass your Ordinary Wizarding Levels, Hogwarts will plan your career and have expert teachers to guide you. The requirements to be an Auror are very high. You have to study hard and obtain as many certificates as you can."

The conversation then shifted to the Ordinary Wizarding Levels.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were soon to enter their fifth year to take this important exam.

Evan and Ginny also needed to be prepared. Fred and George gave them lots of advice. But most of it seemed futile, as the two were not doing anything good themselves...

As they approached the Portkey location, they heard many people clamoring excitedly.

Almost all witches and wizards gathered around Basil, the Portkey keeper, all clamoring to get away from the camp as quickly as possible.

Mr. Weasley had a brief conversation with Basil and joined the queue.

They were finally able to take an old rubber tire back to Stoatshead Hill before the sun truly rose.

It's a slope near the Burrow, behind the village of Ottery St. Catchpole.

A few minutes later, they reached their destination and walked back through Ottery St. Catchpole and towards the soggy alley leading to the Burrow in the dawn light, speaking very little because they were exhausted and longing for their breakfast.

Like Evan and Hermione, it seemed like no one had slept well.

The dark circles under Harry's eyes clearly told everyone that he hadn't slept at all the previous night.

Upon turning the corner and seeing the Burrow, a shout echoed along the street...