Chapter 500 Leisure Time Before School

"Evan was mesmerized by You-Know-Who when he got the Philosopher's Stone," Ron said, hesitating for a moment before continuing. "But that was just a curse, right, not a mark?"

He looked at Evan suspiciously and quickly averted his gaze.

"It's safe. There is nothing to doubt," Hermione asserted, looking at him as if she were particularly angry. "How many times have I told you that what the old fraud said was not accurate at all, and that you three are wasting time staying in Divination class?"

She harbored a deep prejudice against Professor Trelawney and considered her a complete liar.

Driven by this thought, she directly left the classroom and dropped out of Divination class last term.

Something that had never happened at Hogwarts in recent years. At that time, it caused a lot of chatter in the school. Many young wizards thought she was too audacious.

Hermione was very dissatisfied with Evan's choice of Divination elective class this year. She had talked to him many times about this matter, hoping to persuade him to switch to Arithmancy.

But whether it was Divination or Arithmancy, Evan was not actually interested and did not wish to study it thoroughly.

The main reason he chose to take the Divination class was to get closer to Professor Trelawney, as she could utter new prophecies at any time.

Evan knew that Professor Trelawney had the ability to make true prophecies, and he urgently needed her help in the matter of the evil gods.

Observing the discussions between Hermione and Ron, Harry kept silent.

He had the dreadful idea that he was the one mentioned in the prophecy; the chosen one by Voldemort, and that the scar on his forehead was the proof.

That also explained why he had recently been able to enter Voldemort's mind and see those horrible scenes.

However, Harry did not utter these words, not even to Evan.

"Well, stop thinking about those things!" Ron said. "Let's go for lunch and then have a Quidditch match in the orchard. Evan, Bill, Charlie, Fred, and George will all play."

"Ron," Hermione said. "Harry doesn't want to play Quidditch now!"

"Who knows? Maybe he wants to try the Fint Wisnki!" Ron said, "the one Krum used."

After Krum and other Quidditch players rescued everyone from the cabin, Ron became a fan of Krum.

Although he did not speak with him at that time, it did not affect Ron's admiration for the Seeker.

"I think it would be better to check the books and look for records related to cursed scars..." Hermione did not give up.

"Well, I want to play Quidditch," Harry suddenly said. "Wait a moment, I'll go get my Firebolt."

"I have no objection either. I can be the keeper, and it should be very helpful in overcoming my acrophobia," Evan added.

Like Harry, he did not want to continue talking about the scar.

There was no point in continuing the discussion except to confuse and unsettle Harry further.

Hermione left the room muttering something that sounded a lot like "Boys!"

Mr. Weasley and Percy weren't home much during the following week. Both would leave the house every morning before the rest of the family woke up, and return well after dinner every night.

As for Sirius, he hadn't even shown up.

He sent a few letters to Evan and Harry, giving them a brief report about himself and the current situation, so they wouldn't have to worry.

The first thing he did after becoming an Auror was to track down vampire traces everywhere.

Just the thought of it was bad enough, but Sirius enjoyed it!

From his letters, although they hadn't yet found the whereabouts of Caresius and Voldemort, they had obtained many clues.

These days, the Aurors from the Ministry of Magic nearly turned over all of Great Britain.

In addition to Sirius' letters, Evan also received many strange letters.

On the second day of his stay, hundreds of owls crowded the burrow, and the letters nearly filled the place.

They were from witches and wizards who had heard of Evan's feats from all over the world.

Some were admirers, others wanted to know the truth of the incident.

There were also some wizards seeking to explore the secrets of Evan's great power.

Finally, Evan was so bored that he handed over all the letters to Dobby, the house-elf.

Since then, no strange owl had reappeared.

Lupin visited the Burrow several times, buying many gifts for everyone.

He was very busy now, with so many things waiting to be done.

With the increase in sales and coverage of Hogwarts Magic, the pressure and workload on him became much more intense than before.

Although he had hired other people, and Evan and Hermione could help, Lupin still took the lead in doing most of the work.

For example, the recent interview and follow-up report on Evan he almost completed alone, working day and night.

Another striking point was that, despite Evan paying him a good salary, he didn't buy new clothes.

He continued to wear his own worn-out, washed-out clothes, but his mental state and temperament were much improved.

As a werewolf, Lupin had been wandering for over a decade since graduating from Hogwarts, living on the fringes of society.

Before, he couldn't imagine getting such a stable and respectable job, so he valued it even more.

Any words of thanks would seem too artificial and could not express all the effort he was putting in.

Anyway, Evan felt very calm entrusting Hogwarts Magic and the shop to Lupin.

In his opinion, Lupin, like Percy, was too tired dedicating almost all his time to his work.

He urgently needed to have a girlfriend and start a happy family. It was the most pressing thing he needed to do.

In the coming days of rare leisure time, besides studying ancient magical texts and finishing the summer assignments Ginny taught him, Evan played magical chess and Quidditch and other games with Harry and Ron, or helped Mrs. Weasley with household chores and worked on new prank products with Fred and George.

He even came up with some new ideas, expanding their horizons beyond just prank products.

Moreover, Evan also spoke with Bill several times. From the latter's description, he felt more determined to take time to go to Egypt.

In addition to the "Emerald Tablet," the ancient ruins and mysterious magic left by ancient Egyptian wizards were also major attractions for him.

Nicolas Flamel said he obtained "The Book of Abraham" in Egypt over 600 years ago.

That was where it all began, and Evan had a feeling that he might uncover the secrets of the evil gods from there.

Thus, happy times always passed quickly, and in the blink of an eye, it was the last day before the start of classes.

The only thing Evan was unsatisfied with was that his relationship with Hermione had not progressed significantly during this period.

Although they were together almost all day, Hermione quickly changed the subject or dodged whenever Evan tried to say something or take the initiative to do something.

The events of that night were so fresh in his memory that they didn't give Evan any opportunity.

In particular, Hermione was a bit scared. If Evan tried anything again, she felt she had no way out.