Chapter 467 Dress, Underwear, And Socks

In terms of her style, Elaine remained very conservative, opting for a cute demeanor.

It was not entirely in sync with her wild, untamed image when she was about to bite his neck at any moment. Perhaps it was this contrast that made her so intriguing.

Evan blinked, and this absurd idea naturally came to his mind.

All things considered, Elaine wasn't really doing a great job at being an "EVIL" vampire. She hadn't even bitten a single person, though she nearly fainted on the street because she was too hungry.

When she finally made the decision to bite Evan, even though it would have only been a slight feeding, it was really just to repay him for his cherished First Embrace.

He had always believed that the main reason Evan refused to accept her First Embrace was that, like her, he feared pain.

Nevertheless, Evan could only acknowledge Elaine as a good girl.

He shook his head vigorously, trying not to dwell on those strange thoughts, focusing on resolving the current situation.

Wearing a dress made of such light fabric was perfectly normal in summer, with all the heat and sweat. But if they were to get wet, things could turn somewhat awkward...

Well, if no one was close enough to blatantly stare at the girl in the dress, there would be no issue.

However, poor Evan had little space in this small room. With his bed, a desk, and a small wardrobe filling it, Evan couldn't help but be close, too close, to Elaine.

The bed was across from the door, and another door leading to the bathroom was across from the wardrobe.

Evan was trapped in this space, and Elaine was less than two feet away from him. If he stepped back any further, he would fall onto his bed!

The two gazed at each other closely, and he started to feel increasingly nervous.

Elaine was immersed in the great joy of seeing Evan again and didn't notice anything amiss. She spoke eagerly about her experience during the period they were apart, among other interesting topics.

Evan, on the other hand, was stuck contemplating his reaction if she noticed what was crossing his mind. Perhaps... she wouldn't mind?

However, Evan felt he couldn't carry on like this. Although he only vaguely saw her white underwear and nothing unusual, he began to feel increasingly trapped.

He tried to look away but didn't know where to direct his gaze.

He even wanted to say something about it, but he wasn't sure what to say. It was too embarrassing.

The rain outside continued to pound. It was the first time rain had seemed so bothersome to Evan. After all, it's not every rainy day that you have a vampire in your room.

For some reason, he couldn't get Elaine's dress out of his mind. He remembered that Hermione also had a sky-blue dress, which she bought in France last summer.

After their summer vacation that year, they met again at Diagon Alley.

Hermione, who had just returned from her vacation in France, wore that long dress and a light yellow straw hat on her head. Her skin was bronzed to a healthy wheat color, elegant and somewhat radiant, looking full of vitality under the sun.

That was a moment that would never be forgotten, one etched in Evan's memories. However, he never saw Hermione wear that dress again.

She seemed to prefer stylish jeans or witch's tunics over such cute dresses.

Once again, Evan tried to steer his thoughts away from such a silly matter, only to find himself wondering; what if... it rained that day too?

"Evan, we must hasten!" Elaine seemed determined as she suddenly said, "I must return before the Quidditch final starts, so my uncle doesn't find me here. We don't have much time, so..."

"Wait! What are you going to do?" Evan asked subconsciously.

Why did his words not sound right? What did he mean by 'hasten'?

"The First Embrace, of course, I returned and asked others. They felt no pain!" Elaine quickly responded, "I researched a lot of information to ensure there's no issue. Just lay down and let me bite you."

Gazing at her two sharp fangs, Evan was snapped back from his fantasy to reality.

Only then did he realize that Elaine, whom he hadn't seen in over half a year, had not changed at all.

Even the subject was exactly the same as last time, and she was ready to tackle it.

Imperturbable, only Elaine could deliver such impactful words so casually.

"Hurry up, Evan! I don't like that guy, Voldemort," urged Elaine. "I believe you are the one mentioned in the prophecy who can help us, and my uncle is beginning to recognize it, he will definitely choose you if you grow stronger."

Upon receiving the First Embrace to become a vampire, his magic would increase to a certain extent.

Along with the use of specific blood magic, they would truly enhance their strength in a short period of time. But in the long run, the way to obtain this power was not secure.

Because it relied too much on the blood and magic it contained, the deficiencies were also evident.

After the last time he saw Elaine, Evan specifically studied books about vampires, so he knew a lot.

In his opinion, vampires were special wizards with clear advantages and disadvantages.

Considering the magical world's perception of vampires and their evident weaknesses, Evan would never choose the Embrace.

"I already told you last time, I will not become a vampire!" said Evan firmly, "Believe me, my strength will grow at its own pace, and one day I will be on par with Voldemort, and even surpass him!"

Elaine looked carefully at Evan and seemed to sense something. "Your magic has improved significantly. I can feel it, just like..."

Her words trailed off, and she suddenly sneezed.

Still soaked from the rain, she had been shivering since she came in. Now, it was starting to take its toll.

On her pale face, Evan could see no trace of color.

With the swift evaporation of the rainwater and the dissipating warmth, the cold sensation became more pronounced.

That was not good. With Elaine's delicate body, it was easy for her to catch a cold, and her clothes needed to dry.

Fortunately, this only required a small spell, and Elaine would surely do it.

"Stop. Youll catch a cold if you keep this up. I'll bring you some hot chocolate, coffee, or something!" Evan said, "Dry your clothes and wait for me in the room. Don't run off."

As Elaine nodded, Evan turned and left the room.

He sighed deeply and quickly descended the stairs to find Kreacher.

At that moment, the shop was quiet, and everyone was asleep, getting ready to stay up late watching the World Cup.

Only Evan was awake. He walked silently to the kitchen and returned to the room with the hot drink Kreacher had given him.

Fortunately, he went unnoticed, and there was no need to explain anything.

Closing the door, Evan breathed heavily, and his heart, which had been burdened, finally relaxed.

But, in the blink of an eye, what did he see! Elaine was bathing in the bathroom inside his room.

There was nothing wrong with that. After getting soaked, it was really necessary to take a shower. But what about the clothes she had left outside the door?!