Chapter 592 Chapter Title: The Investigation On Dark Magic

As if they were witnessing a volcano erupting from top to bottom before them, the eyes of the young wizards were all reddened.

Amid the scorching heat, everyone seemed to morph into a sea of flames, as if it were the end of the world.

In the stands, the commotion came to an abrupt halt and was replaced by an eerie silence.

The young wizards looked up, gazing fixedly at the massive dragon. Not even a thought of fleeing crossed their minds.

Fear and despair spread, making them realize the terror the dragon embodied.

At that moment, they all felt a sense of hopelessness as if standing in the erupting crater facing the end of the world.

Pale, Hermione brought her hand to her mouth and unconsciously drew closer to Evan by her side.

She watched the dragon suddenly soar towards the front of the stands, opening its mouth and spewing a mushroom-shaped fireball.

A massive lava flow poured towards them, its astonishing temperatures melting everything in its path.

Under the scorching heat, Hermione couldn't even open her eyes and could only avert her gaze instinctively.

Everything happened too swiftly. No one could stop it; no one could halt the fireball...

In that moment, all kinds of thoughts vanished, leaving behind only fear and despair!

"I am going to die... I am going to be reduced to ashes by the fire!" That was what everyone was thinking.

The enormous scorching fireball was nearing, the incredible wave of heat approaching, and the sweat gushing from their foreheads evaporated as it seeped.

This was the world of fire. Everything before them turned red, and even the blood in their bodies seemed to burn.

They came to understand what the sensation of death was like!

Many people closed their eyes, ready to meet death. They only hoped the process wouldn't be so painful.

There was no chance to think of fleeing. The dragon's massive body had enveloped the entire grandstand.

Faced with the power of death, they could only choose to accept it passively...

But the wizards who didn't shut their eyes witnessed a miracle.

As the fireball approached, a pale blue barrier rose from among the crowd to block the fire's advance.

Boom!

There was a loud noise, and the whole space trembled.

The enormous fireball and the thin barrier collided violently, turning into countless splendid stars.

In the midst of swirling and dissipating red flames, Evan appeared, standing alone in front of the crowd facing their imminent fate.

The body that didn't seem so strong suddenly grew extremely tall in an instant, becoming a solid defense, and all could only gaze at him in admiration.

A miracle, this was a miracle!

The blue barrier, centered around Evan, rapidly expanded outward to stop the flames.

"Saved!" Everyone gasped, a sense of joy for being alive present.

Many people cried with joy, tears welling up unconsciously.

In that moment, Evan was the true savior in their eyes.

He blocked the dragon with his own strength and saved everyone from that terrible monster...

But they didn't have much time to revel in their happiness. The young wizards turned their heads and saw the horrendous dragon snarling, its blood-red eyes malevolently gazing at them. It was like a nightmare, and an even more powerful fireball was forming in its mouth, causing a strong sensory stimulation.

At that moment, everyone hoped that Evan's protective barrier would be stronger and could withstand the dragon's second attack.

Hardly had they thought of it, when they saw a thick blue light as thick as an arm emerge from the tip of Evan's wand.

The curse flew towards the Chinese Fire Dragon in front of the stands at a very fast speed.

Boom!

Another thundering sound, the curse reached the dragon.

The massive dragon over 30 feet long, the hideous giant, suddenly recoiled and flew backward.

Its body traced an arc in the air and landed heavily in the center of the arena.

The dragon let out a wail, and under the tremendous impact, its body dug a massive hole in the ground.

Trying to stand up, being struck forcefully once again, he sank and struggled in the pit...

The dragon keepers rushed in, and Dumbledore lowered the wand he had just raised.

Silence!!!

The audience fell silent, and hundreds of young wizards drew in their breath.

They looked at Dumbledore with a solemn expression of awe, then immediately turned their heads and gazed in astonishment at Evan standing on the edge of the stands.

The magic they had witnessed was so potent that it crushed a damn dragon with sheer superiority. Was this still the strength of a wizard?

...

"It's Evan, he reacted so quickly, and his magic is so powerful. He saved many lives," Bagman said admirably as he wiped the sweat from his brow with his handkerchief. The scene he had just witnessed still left him with a lingering fear.

If that fireball hadn't been stopped, it would have harmed hundreds of people and would have been one of the most serious disasters in magical history.

At that moment, five minutes had passed since Evan defeated the dragon.

Everyone was in the champions' waiting tent, alongside the five judges: Dumbledore, Crouch, Bagman, Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime.

Also present were Evan, Ron, Sirius, Moody, Snape, and Professor McGonagall.

"If that fireball had hit... I can't even imagine..." Professor McGonagall said.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now is not the time to praise Mr. Mason. I believe you all know that the second curse he used is dark magic," Snape said quietly, looking at Evan with malicious intent. "In my opinion, the stronger this magic, the worse his transgression."

"Severus, how can you say that? Evan saved everyone," Professor McGonagall said amazed. "There is nothing wrong with the spell he used."

"But dark magic should be absolutely prohibited, we should..."

"That's enough, Snivellus!" roared Sirius and glared at Snape. "Shut your mouth and don't accuse Evan of using dark magic. Don't think I don't know. You know more about Dark Magic than Evan. You are... well, I mean, you used to be one of those evil dark wizards."

"This is a very serious accusation, Black!" Snape said in a low voice, and his unpleasant gaze shifted from Evan's face to Sirius', instantly beginning to fill with hatred. "Of course, considering that you used to be Mr. Mason's Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, it's not surprising at all that he can use dark magic!"