Chapter 482 Reaching Higher

"What is happening to those children? Why are they not following us?" Fudge said, furrowing his brow.

In the crowd, he turned to look at Evan, who had stayed put.

"They might be scared, or arrogant enough to think they can handle the current situation!" Lucius replied in a cold tone. "Minister, let's leave now; it's too dangerous here!"

"That boy is very important. We must ensure his safety!" Fudge said remorsefully. "Dumbledore specifically spoke to me about this a few days ago. I can't believe this happened at the World Cup. Just think, by tomorrow morning, The Daily Prophet could have sensational headlines about this disturbance, and people from all over the world will mock us thoroughly!"

"Is this what you British call security measures?" a deep voice remarked. "What a revelation! Nothing like this has happened in many years, not since that man collapsed and disappeared..."

Fudge abruptly stopped and looked at the Bulgarian Ministry of Magic, who was beside him, astonished. "Do you speak English?"

The Bulgarian nodded disdainfully and quickly moved ahead to flee for his life.

"You can speak English, and you had me miming all day!" Fudge exclaimed, indignant.

"That was rather amusing!" the Bulgarian minister shrugged.

"Damn, these guys are playing us like fools..."

"Come, Minister," Lucius whispered. "Those thugs down there could come up at any moment."

"But..."

"The most crucial thing now is your safety and that of these distinguished guests. Black and the others will come and take the children away!"

By this time, they had reached the main staircase of the hallway.

The sound of explosions, shouts, and fights was very close, and Caresius was moving swiftly.

Despite all efforts of the Ministry of Magic's aurors, there was no way to overcome them under such circumstances.

Fudge nodded faintly and joined the others in the panicked crowd.

At this point, there was no one left in the box except Evan and his friends.

All eyes were on Evan, waiting for him to make a decision.

"Evan, are you ready for a great battle?" Fred exclaimed excitedly.

"A duel with a true dark wizard, that's what I've been dreaming of!" George added.

"You're insane. Over a dozen masked men are coming up. We don't stand a chance!" Ron panicked. "I don't understand why we didn't go with the minister. The people around him are all professional aurors..."

"There are many dark wizards below, and it's not safe to just run out like that," Evan said quickly.

He didn't offer many explanations. After all, Harry couldn't simply leave like that. He was Caresius' target, and the latter wouldn't let them go with Fudge.

"Is it safe to stay here?"

"I have a better idea. If it works, it will help us escape," Evan waved his wand, and the small door inside the box slammed shut. As it did, all the chairs flew towards the door, blocking it completely.

"What idea?" Ron asked, confused.

Feeling the danger closing in, they were all very nervous.

Evan blocked the way out, meaning they had no escape.

They were now like turtles in a jar, and when the dark wizards came up, they would have to fight to the death.

"We can ride broomsticks, it's the safest way to escape," Evan suggested. "Those dark wizards can't fly up to the sky."

"But there are no broomsticks here!" Harry looked around in surprise.

Under the bright lights above, everything in the small box was clearly visible. There was nothing here except the golden Quidditch Cup.

"We need some help. I hope they come!" Evan said, pointing his wand towards the sky.

At the end of his wand were several beams of light, like fireworks shooting up into the sky, catching everyone's attention...

There was a sudden stir in the commotion in the stadium, and all eyes turned towards the box above.

"Sonorus!" Evan shouted, pointing his wand at his throat like Ludo did.

In the next second, what he said sounded like thunder and resonated throughout the stadium.

"Come here, we need help!" Evan shouted loudly, looking at the Quidditch players flying overhead.

They had not yet discovered what was happening below, simply floating in the air dazed.

Upon hearing the screams, both the Irish and Bulgarian Quidditch players hesitated. They continued to swirl in the sky, and no one came to help.

In the box, everyone's heart raced as Evan's plan became clear.

It was indeed a brilliant idea to take the Quidditch players' brooms. But what if the boys above didn't come down to rescue them?!

At that moment, at the bottom of the stadium, Sirius was fighting two vampires.

As soon as he encountered them, he knew where those guys came from and that Voldemort was behind all of this.

He couldn't determine if Voldemort's target was the Philosopher's Stone in Evan, or Harry, but he wanted to go back either way. However, his two opponents clung to him tightly, preventing his escape.

"Curse it!" Sirius roared, and his wand cast some spells.

He watched helplessly as Caresius led the other vampires closer to the box.

Near the stadium exit, a group of Beauxbatons students were fleeing hastily.

Two of the girls suddenly stopped and looked up.

"That's Evan's voice, I can hear it!" Gabrielle said with delight. "He's in that small box!"

"Evan Mason?!" Fleur looked up and could vaguely distinguish the figure of the boy.

He was not in a good place; those unruly dark wizards' target was evidently the small box, and they were about to reach it!

Was Evan their target?

"Sister, Evan is asking for help, we must go help him!" Gabrielle said anxiously. "Where is Madam Maxime?"

"No need for us to help. Those people have already come down!" Fleur reassured her, looking nervously towards the upper box.

Indeed, besides her, many people were also looking upwards. Everyone understood that that place was the center of the events of that night.

The box was filled with high-ranking wizards. Perhaps those crazy dark wizards wanted to kidnap them and threaten the Ministry of Magic to do something.

In the sky, Krum hesitated upon hearing Evan and the others asking for help.

But almost immediately, he made up his mind, gestured to his teammates, and swiftly flew towards the box.

Under his leadership, the Bulgarian team and some players from the Irish team were also quickly approaching.

"God, they're coming!" Hermione exclaimed in surprise.

"Look, it's Krum. He's coming towards us!" Ron added.

Seconds later, the approaching group of players reached the box. Everyone rushed to thank them and looked at the Quidditch players in awe.

As they approached, Evan felt Caresius also increasing speed. Now he was right at the entrance of the box!