Chapter 541 Collapsed Ruins

Not only had the surrounding walls disappeared, but the entire temple!

Evan now not only floated but found himself in a strange space.

The ancient building left by the ancient sorcerers was no longer visible here, and the boundaries between reality and magic were blurring.

The magical vortex continued to swirl around Evan and the Book of Abraham, with the stone platform as its center.

Numerous swirls of luminous mist, composed of floating blue magical runes and ancient magical texts, rolled around, and the Philosopher's Stone provided them with powerful magical support, shaping this entire space and ultimately converging on the Book of Abraham.

Faced with such power, Evan deeply felt his weakness.

The power of current wizards against the mighty magic of ancient sorcerers was as laughable as that of ants against a giant.

The potency of this magic in its complete state was entirely beyond Evan's expectations; it could only be described as stunning and astonishing.

He looked around, incredulous, immersed in this power at its peak.

In the distance, profound darkness continued to spread, seeming endless.

The constant flow of magical power not only created this space but also formed a strong cage at the same time.

Being trapped in this cage, powerless and unable to go anywhere; that was the essence of this "Silence" magic. This was a protective spell that was completely beyond the understanding of ordinary people.

Unimaginable forces would be needed to construct a space independent of the real world.

The will of the ancient sorcerers to trap something in this space was absolute, and nothing could ever challenge it.

Evan never imagined that the power of magic could reach such intensity.

He stood there silently, feeling like he had touched the source of this magical power.

The words in the Book of Abraham were etched very rapidly, and before he realized it, all the floating magical symbols were absorbed.

At that moment, Evan returned to the ruins and slowly descended.

He gazed at the thick Book of Abraham in his hand, still immersed in the strong magical power.

Evan carefully grasped the sensation and seemed to have grasped something, although it was not clear at that moment.

Undoubtedly, the gain from this exploration was tremendous, far exceeding Evan's expectations.

Boom, boom, boom!

A continuous noise roused Evan. He raised his head and looked around.

The stone platform in front of him had split into several pieces, and the entire ruin was collapsing in a large area, with large stone fragments falling from above.

The surrounding walls and the floor were also full of cracks expanding rapidly to the naked eye.

Under the impact of the strong magical power, this ancient building was on the verge of destruction.

If he didn't want to be buried alive there, he had to flee.

"Damnation!" Evan didn't hesitate. He seized the Philosopher's Stone, turned around, and ran back.

Now, the whole ruin was constantly shaking. Rocks were falling, walls were breaking, and collapsing. The magnificent stone columns fell one by one. Gorges reaching into the abyss appeared on the ground. It was a scene of total apocalypse.

Evan ran forward as fast as he could. He had never run so fast before.

The interior space of the ruins was too vast. He was exhausted but dare not stop.

He kept waving his wand in his hand, emitting dazzling red lights, smashing the large stones in his path.

This was not just a test of physical strength but also a magical and spiritual test.

Faced with huge chasms, Evan gasped and levitated a giant fallen column with the Wingardium Leviosa spell.

He moved this massive stone column, weighing a hundred tons, regardless of its size or what it was made of.

Evan mobilized all the magic in his body to carry it across the ravine. He wiped the sweat from his brow and felt no fear in his mind... he had no time to fear!

Looking at the ground collapsing behind him, he hurriedly climbed with his hands and feet.

On both sides of Evan, there were deep and unfathomable chasms. With the ruins trembling, the columns constantly shook and could collapse at any moment.

If he fell into the abyss, there would be no possibility of survival.

He tried not to dwell on such thoughts, his gaze fixed ahead, hastening forward.

As Evan ran, the cracks in the ground widened.

He turned his head in fear. The stone pillars behind him fell into the abyss, producing a series of dreadful noises.

A few minutes later, panting, he entered the hut that served as the lair for the Manticore. Buckbeak stood on a pile of bones, constantly flapping his wings, while all the Fire Crabs and Exploding Beetles ran restlessly around.

This place did not collapse as severely as the chamber of ruins, but the cracks in the walls were evident.

Evan turned around and climbed onto Buckbeak, leaning against him, exhausted.

It felt as though he was returning to the forest with Buckbeak as the light shone again. The breeze blew, giving him a sense of coming back to life.

A flash of black light appeared, and Caresius emerged behind Evan, landing on Buckbeak.

Evan looked at him enviously. If he could Apparate, he wouldn't have had to exert himself so much.

"What did you do down there?" Caresius asked.

"Nothing!" Evan replied, leaning back to sit.

He couldn't tell the vampire about the evil god, the Philosopher's Stone, the powerful magic left by the ancient sorcerers, or The Book of Abraham. But as he observed Caresius, it seemed like he had no intention of getting an answer anyway.

Evan lowered his head and looked down.

Due to being too far away, the Mantcora had turned into a tiny black dot.

Caresius waved his wand gently and released the magical control over it.

Freed from chains, the Mantcora roared towards the sky several times and spun back to its lair.

Not long after it had gone, a terrible and tremendous echo resounded.

Boom!

It was clearly visible that the ground had sunk deeply, and this ancient relic had been completely destroyed.

Buckbeak flew several times across the sky and headed back towards the castle.

Over half an hour later, they returned to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

"Do not refer to me as such again," Caresius said coldly.

He paid no mind to Evan's condition. He leaped off Buckbeak's back, pulled out a flask, and drank twice.

In the blink of an eye, Caresius' body returned to its Moody-like appearance.

He placed the magical eye into its socket, and the electric blue eyeball spun frantically within.

Turning to look at Evan, he hurriedly exited the Forbidden Forest.