🌕 Ch.27 🌕

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

Months passed since I last heard his voice or felt his touch. The days dragged on endlessly while the nights tormented me for sleep had not been a virtue for me.

Each night for five months Bella awoke screaming from a nightmare she refused to speak about. Her cries and yells would only remind me more of that dream I had the night before our birthday.

Jaspers yells of anguish.

Bella's screams sounded just like his, it's how I knew she was dreaming of him... Edward. Ever since the Cullens have left the subject has been a rather sore topic around the pair of us as we handled the situation differently.

While Bella entered a state of catatonic shock and depression, I became restless. I couldn't keep still for fear of the darkness creeping over my life. Which is why the little sleep offered to me before Bella would wake up both myself and dad were the moments I longed for.

Because once I was awake, I couldn't return to that peaceful state which offered my mind rest from the constant numbness I felt in my heart and the darkness which consumed my life.

Heavy black rings decorated my eyes causing the cloudiness of my eyes to almost completely consume my E/c irises. My eyes appeared almost completely white.

Jessica made a habit of pointing it out everyday as I surrounded myself more and more by the day with my friends. Human friends. Unlike Bella who secluded herself sitting alone at the Cullens table.

Another thing Jessica constantly asked me about.

Although, I was becoming more and more anti-social, often sitting and listening to the conversations rather than engaging in it. I still made an effort to keep some involvement as a way of distraction.

So long as things aren't silent the darkness doesn't scare me.

~~~

It's now January ten months since Bella and I met the Cullens. I walked with Bella to the truck in silence as we were going to meet up with Jessica. My sister was talking again, having just snapped out of her state and had somehow pulled me into her lies about going shopping with Jessica.

Which wasn't really a lie since she actually arranged it all... I knew she was just trying to appease dad so I played along.

Once in the truck I rest my head on the window as I sign and allow Bella to drive us to Port Angeles. The entire drive there I was trying to focus on the sound of the radio and not the thoughts of what happened the last time I came into the nearby town.

When we arrived Bella located Jessica almost instantly, the bouncy brunette leading us into town as Bella decided to go to the movie theatre instead, claiming to want to see this new film which came out.