🥀 Ch.7 🥀

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

The next day the sun came out, a rare occurrence for a place like Forks. Something felt off though like missing. I was sitting outside with Bella during a free period. Jessica was sunbathing on the table part of the bench we sat at.

Meanwhile both Bella and I were looking around, not that I was doing much seeing. More like seeking out why I felt weird. I sighed aloud as I sipped on my water bottle.

"They aren't here." Jessica quips. "Whenever the weather is nice the Cullens disappear." She clarifies upon what I'm assuming to be myself and Bella's confused gazes.

"They just ditch?" I ask, finally placing why I felt weird. It's because he wasn't here watching me like always.

"No Dr and Mrs Cullen yank them out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried that out on my parents once. Not even close." Jessica explains.

"Guys!" The excited voice of Angela beams as the bench dips next to me as she sits down. "I'm going to the prom with Eric. I just asked him. I took control." She beams.

"Oh that's amazing Angela, you two will look great together." I say with my own ounce of excitement. See yesterday Bella and I went to La Push, down on the reservation with our small group of friends. That's when Angela expressed her want to go with Eric to prom and Bella advised she ask him.

Unsurprisingly not long after that conversation while Angela and Lizzy were whale watching and Jessica, Eric, Tyler and Mike were surfing Bella and I went for a stroll along the beach with a childhood friend, Jacob. He told Bella and I about some story relating to the Cullens and his ancestors. My vivid imagination had me picturing all sorts of images.

"I told you that would happen." Bella says while she and Angela share an over the table hug.

"Are you sure you two have to go out of town?" Angela asks deflated.

Bella had informed me about how Mike approached her before the trip a few days ago. Obviously I was in my own world listening to music so I missed out on him asking her to prom and her lying and telling him we were going back to Jacksonville. This also explains why Edward approached with his strange questions during the trip.

"Oh, yeah, it's a little family thing." Bella shrugs off.

"Mum and her new husband have decided to move homes so we offered our help to get them settled." I reply, creating a cover story more believable than Bella's excuses.

"Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out." Just as Jessica suggests this the bell rings indicating the end of our free period.

"Port Angeles?" Bella asks. "Mind if I come?"

"Yeah I need your opinion." Angela says in a tone that suggests Bella would get dragged along even if she didn't need to go.