🥀 Ch.11 🥀

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

A week passed, ever since Jasper and I shared my bed. Sleeping alone since hasn't felt right. I knew from my dad point out that bags were growing under my eyes from the lack of sleep I was getting. It was strange. I never knew a man could have this kinda impact on me.

And yet there's Jasper.

The man whose gaze unnerves me, follows me, draws me in. His voice echoed sweet melodies I'd never heard before every time he spoke. Even just the touch of his cold marble-like skin I crave.

Jasper has been more forthcoming around me since that night in my room and at the restaurant. Although still quiet during most of our interactions, he makes an effort to offer his greetings when I join his siblings for lunch, occasionally butting into whatever conversation we are having. When we're alone he'll make more of an effort to reply to me as well though his responses are usually short.

He's still reserved.

Although it is him I mostly find myself walking back to classes from lunch. Alice of course always being the one to whisks me away to join them at the start of the hour. I'd like to say I'm getting along well with the Cullens though I've spent little time around Edward. Unless Bella comes by to check on me, he and I have hardly interacted.

Speaking of, over the last week or so Bella's been distracted by Edward and dad distracted with the Waylon case. In some sense I've felt rather alone, it was weird since I'd always complain I was coddled too much and wanted more independence yet when I finally got it it was strange.

Bella also went to Edward's house to meet the entire family last weekend. Although not confirmed, I think it's safe to assume my sister is dating Edward to some extent. Whatever it is, I'm still suspicious of things. Whenever I talk with them I feel like there's something they're not telling me and that's only increased in suspicion now that Bella seems to be chummy with them.

I've been taking notes as well of all the strangeness I've detected. Once I have more information I plan to do some investigating.

'What are they hiding? Why do I feel like I'm out of the loop?' I thought though am quickly brought out of them by Bella knocking on my door and opening it. I only know it's Bella cause she knocks and walks in unlike dad who knocks and waits for a response.

"Edward's gonna take me to school today. Do you mind making your own way there?" She asks.

I turn my head her way and set my face to look at her blankly. "Bella. I'm blind." I say in a 'duh' tone of voice.

"No, yeah, I know but you can walk or call Angela to see if she'll pick you up. The school's only a few blocks away. I can give you directions." She says and I could feel the shrug she was giving me.

Rolling my eyes I stood up and walked, hands stretched to my wardrobe. "Fine." I replied. Bella left my room almost immediately as she went to get herself ready for school. The entirety of breakfast I sat in silence.

'How the fuck does she expect me to walk unfamiliar streets alone. Maybe I'll just ditch...' I thought as I munched on my cornflakes. My internal turmoil continued until I reluctantly got up, grabbed my bag and began my lone walk to school. Cane moving side to side.

I kept my ears alert and my guard up as I walked the unfamiliar streets of Forks. Down the stretch and turn left. Those were my first instructions. Follow that till you hear the green man light and cross at the crossing. So far everything was peachy. I continued ahead until my cane fell off the pavement at twelve.

I paused.

I gulped.

I started to sweat.

'And unmarked crossing. Oh my god I can't cross the street alone.' I freaked out. I stood frozen pondering my options.

'I could turn around and go home or risk it and walk across the road without assistance.... Fuck it it's Friday.' I thought as I turned around about to start my journey home.

I hadn't taken a step before the loud sound of an engine revving flew past me and turned down the road. I hear the engine pull up near the crossing and gulped as I turn back.

'Maybe this person could help me cross.' I thought only to tense when I felt the familiar round almond eyes staring at me.

"Jasper." I sighed in relief. "What...what are you doing here?" I asked.

He remained silent as he approached, stopping a few feet away. I reached up to touch his face to further confirm it was Jasper.

"Let me drive you to school?" He asks though it sounded more like a demand.

"Um." I hesitate. "I don't think..." I was cut off by the feeling of long, cold, slender, smooth fingers brushing my hair behind my ears before a heavy helmet was placed over my head and clipped under my chin.

Jasper took my hand and began to lead me to his bike. "Wait, Jasper, I don't think this is smart." I argue.

"Trust me." He says in a whispered southern drawl. Hesitant I sat on the bike first allowing Jasper to slide on in front. I went to place my hands on his shoulders when he pulled them around his waist.

"Hold on tight." He throws over his shoulder before racing off. I almost immediately hid my face in his back as the sudden jolt and speed terrified me. A gasp left my lips as he took a sharp turn revving the engine and speeding up.

I squeezed my arms around him, ignoring the solidness of his body. In minutes we were pulling into the school's lot. I still held my iron grip on him even when the engine stopped.

His hand slipped over mine.

"Scared?" He asked though I could sense the cheesiness in his voice.

I pulled away and shoved his shoulder. "You did that on purpose." I whined. I felt the weight on the front of the bike shift indicating Jasper standing up.

"Maybe." His southern drawl resonated awfully close. That's when I realised his hand was unclasping the clasp on my helmet. A blush coated my cheeks as his cold fingertips grazed my chin. Then I felt the confined capacity of the helmet being removed from my head. I felt Jaspers fingers comb my now messy hair, tucking a few stray strands behind my ears.

"I'll go slower next time." He whispered while caressing my cheek.

I smiled at the boy reaching out my hand for him to take. With help, I climbed off the bike before allowing Jasper to walk me to my classes in a comfortable silence. Yet it was disturbed by the feeling of multiple eyes in me.

'Why am I always the centre of attention.' I groan internally.

~~~

To Be Continued