Chapter 1: The Beginning Of It All

Jonathan's POV:

I finished eating my breakfast and was getting ready to set up my recording. It was hard to be happy while recording, considering my dog was currently in the vet. I still tried anyway. I sat down on my couch to kill sometime before needing to set up. Suddenly, my roommate Cartoonz came from the bathroom.

"Hey," He said passing by to get some cereal.

I give him a 'sup' nod. Cartoonz is the only one who's seen my face, I'm very silent about myself. I guess I'm just very insecure about myself. He grabbed a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and sat down next to me, flipping on the TV.

"So, what's your schedule for today?" He asks, munching on his cereal.

I glance at him then the TV. I took out my phone and unlocked it, going to my reminders for this week.

"Uh..Today, I'm recording with Evan, Marcel, Brock, and David. We are going to play a scary map on Gmod." I said scrolling down through my phone.

"Tomorrow, I'm recording by myself to play that Batman game, which I might add I'm hooked on. Then on Friday, I'm recording with Evan, Craig, Brian, and Lui, and later with Wildcat. We are going to play GTA. Then I don't really have anything on the weekend," I turned off my phone and saw his face sadden.

"Man..when can we hang out? Like, away from recording?" He asked getting up to clean his bowl.

"We can this weekend?" I add on. And he sits back down.

"I suppose so, we could go clubbing? I think you should find someone." He winks, I blush.

"You know I can't, I don't like it when people see...this" I motion to my face.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Well, then you can freak people out with the mask of a killer." He joked.

I gave a fake smile, trying to forget the last time I flirted with a girl, with my mask..

-flashback-

A girl with brown hair and bright hazel eyes approaches me. She was wearing a spaghetti tank top and really short shorts, because of the heat. I could feel myself getting red, luckily my mask was on.

"Hey..what's with the mask?" She point and raises an eyebrow.

"Uh..I uh.." I didn't know what to say. All words and thoughts were gone.

She crosses her arms waiting for an answer. Of course I couldn't tell her the truth, I barely know her.

"Just to..uh..make me look cool?" I question. Awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

She laughed and smiled.

"Wow..how cliche! You look stupid!" She started laughing and walked away.

I've never felt so insecure about myself since then.

-end of flashback-

"Jonathan? Are you there?" I heard Luke's voice sing. He was waving his hand in front of me.

"Huh-wha?! Oh..sorry..just thinking.." I mumble.

"Hey..that one girl was just dumb and probably insecure about herself. We don't have to go clubbing, we can do something else. I just wanted to find someone too," he grinned big trying to make me feel better.

I sighed and heard my phone go off. I picked up my phone beside me and looked at it:

Start setting up now!