Chapter 30: Halloween Headaches

Jonathan's POV:

"Really? That's great! I'll see you guys then!" I heard Evan's muffled voice through the wall.

What was he planning? As he walked in the living area I raised an eyebrow at him as he grinned, widely.

"What are you up to, Ev?"
He laughed, "Nothing! What makes you think I'm up to something?"

I shook my head and stood up and began to walk up to him.
"Because I know when you lie. We've been together for so long. You don't think I pay attention to these things?"

He smiled and laughed in response. I stood face to face with him and caressed his cheek, seeing if he'll give it.

"As seductive and sexy you are, doesn't mean I'm spilling, Del." He winked.

I stopped and crossed my arms, stubbornly.
"Damn.."

"Can I guess?" I pouted.

He shrugged, "I guess, but you won't guess it."
He then sat down on the couch and I followed.

I right about it for a moment.
I had an idea of something, but still drew a complete blank. But he was so confident that I wanted to guess something right.
"Um.. Is it a present?"

"Sorta.."

"Hmm, is it about something that's coming up..my favorite holiday, perhaps?"

"Man, maybe I was wrong. Yes, it is. But you won't guess what we're doing..no more guessing just in case!" He pointed a finger at me and laughed.

I giggled. I sighed and titled my head back, closing my eyes--
*
BANG!
"NO!"
*
I gasped and sat up. I turned to Evan, concern in his eyes.

"Love, you okay?" He put his hand on mine and squeezed it tight.

I blinked a few times, catching my breath.
I went to answer, but hardly anything came out, "ye-agh!"
I clutched my head into my knees and curled up into a ball. The pain throbbed at my forehead. This pain didn't feel like any ordinary headache, it felt like hell.
I squeeze my eyes shut again--

*
"It was so simple.."
*
I groaned in pain and felt Evan shake me.
*
"Death, my friends, is only mere pain to the one who dies.."
*
"STOP! GAH-AGH!"
*
"But it is most pain, to those who cared for.."
*
--

"Jon.. Jon? Love, please wake up.."
I blink and squinted my eyes, seeing a blurry Evan and a..ceiling?

I sat up quickly, but stopped and hissed at my head. "Slow, Love..slow.." Evan warned me.

"I know that..now.. Ugh..what happened? I thought I was sitting down..and..oh.." I instantly remember the visions and voices. That voice was so familiar.

"Babe, are you okay, do you need anything? Some water, medicine?"

"Calm down, Evan. I'm fine. But some water and a cold wash rag would be nice, please," I reassured him, but I wasn't really sure if I was fine. He nodded and rushed right away to the kitchen to get what I need. I slowly sat up to get back on the couch.

Evan came back into the room and sat down next to me. He slowly set the cold wash rag on my forehead. I jumped, not expecting it to be really cold. He helped me take a sip of some water. "Thanks,"

He nodded and sighed, "What happened?"

"I-I don't know.. I just saw visions and..it was weird. Don't worry about me, Evan. I'll be-"