Chapter 43: Blossoming Again

(A few months later.. February.)

Jonathan's POV:

Two months.. It's been two, wonderful, months. And within those two months, Tyler proposed to Craig, Scott and Marcel became official, David and Lui had their first kiss and date, Brock and Brian are still a bit weary about getting together, everything is perfect. As for Evan and I.. We couldn't be happier. Our lives have gone back to where they started. Although things are better, I still have those grudges and fears. The chill that creeps down my spine when watching horror movies, I don't think any of us can go back to playing those games and watching them too.

I cuddle next to Evan and feel his warm arms wrap around me. I laughed at the one-liners of the movie we were watching at the movie theater. It was DeadPool. The sarcasm in this movie has never been so funny in any other movies. Then again, I laugh at all sarcasm. I peck Evan's cheek quickly and smile. He pecks my lips back and we continue to watch the movie.

This movie was hilarious.. I bet Luke would like it. Luke.. Luke! I shake my head and stop paying attention to the movie. Question suddenly attack my thoughts. He said he'd be back. Wait..
I've never even thought about asking him this. Who killed him? Adam.. Did he? No. He mentioned it didn't he?

I try to think back, even if I swore I never would. But it was all a haze, even from the first time. I couldn't remember it. It seems as if this mystery hasn't been solved. Now that Adam's dead, I don't think I can get answers. Unless I go to the police station, granted it's an old report. I'm sure they'll have something.

After the movie I was still distracted.
"Haha! That was fucking hilarious! God, so worth it!"

"'Did you just put that gift card in your mouth?' Damn, so much sarcasm and one-liners! And nudity."

Would Luke tell me if I asked him? Or would that be breaking the universe in some stupid way? Or maybe our lives would get even more fucked up?
Or maybe-

"Jonathan!"

I jump and look at Evan.
"You okay? You haven't been taking?" He asks concerned.

"S-Sorry, Evan.. I was just in deep thought," I murmur, holding my fist near my mouth. He puts and arm around me and we begin walking.

"What about?" He rubs my back as I don't realize I'm tense.

"I-It's stupid. And I'd rather not say it here, in public. I'll let you know when our date is over okay?" I crack a small smile, "Where to next? You said there's one more thing we are doing?"

"Oh, right! Come on, to the car!" He points his finger in the air and grabs my hand as we begin jogging. I giggle and follow.

--

Darkness is all I see and Evan keeps giggling. I shake my head and snicker.
"Evan, where are we?"

"It's a surprise, stop being so impatient. We're almost there, I promise," he shushes me.

I roll my eyes and continue to walk, blindly, with Evan's guidance. We suddenly stop and I suddenly smell a familiar smell of a barbecue and burning wood and popcorn. And the sounds of children screaming and yelling with joy filled my ears. I twitch my nose to get a better smell. And the sounds of children screaming and yelling with joy filled my ears. It sounded like a carnival. Evan suddenly takes his hands off of my face and light is revealed. My eyes widen and a huge grin plasters on my face.

It was a carnival. I giggle and feel the nostalgia of being a kid and going all the time with my sister. I grab Evan's hand and drag him to the first thing I see. It was a teddy bear. It had a blue bow tie and a mini red top hat. Evan laughed and looked at me.