Chapter 2: News

Evan's POV:

I said goodbye to Jonathan and turned off my computer. Delirious was pretty worried about Cartoonz, so was I. I don't know the situation of what's happening, but whatever it was I hope he's okay.

I lie down on my bed, rethinking the events of Gmod. I can't believe I did that. Was it instincts? No..maybe? Ugh..whatever it was I didn't want to think about it. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.

--

I sprung from my slumber to the loud noise of my phone playing Metallica, my favorite band. I look over to see Delirious calling at 4:30 a.m.?

"Hello?" I say in a tired tone, only to find Delirious sobbing into the phone.

"Del! What's wrong?" I sit up straight in my bed.

"C-Can..Can you..come..t-to North Caroline..?" He managed to spit out, sobbing quietly.

Me..seeing Delirious?

"Of course, Del. I'll get a plane for tomorrow..er..today. What happened though?" I pry. Hoping for him to answer.

"I..I'll tell you..when you get here..please,"

I decided not to pry anymore. He was obviously hurting over something. Maybe his dog had died. He did say his dog was very sick, I can understand his pain.

"Alright, I'll see you later," I said and hung up. I quickly jumped out of bed and turned on my computer.

I pulled up O'Hare airlines and looked at the expensive tickets. It didn't matter to me, I was doing this for Jonathan. The earliest was 8:00 a.m. I bought the ticket and printed it out. As I waited for it to finish printing, I started packing my things. I packed a lot of things, not knowing how long I'm staying. After I finished everything, it was already 5:30 a.m. I had a few more hours to kill. I set an alarm on my phone and fell asleep.

--
Jonathan's POV:

I put down my phone after speaking with Evan. I hugged my knees to my chest and put my head on them. I sobbed silently. Evan was coming. I'm glad, I needed someone close here by my side. The only problem is wearing this mask.. I can't show him..me. Oh..Cartoonz, how I wish you were here. I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up.

"H-Hello?" I try to get out.

"Is this Jonathan Denis?" The voice was of a lady.

"Yes..who's this?" I sniffle.

"This is Lilly Tainz. I'm the arranger for the funeral of Luke Patterson.. When would you like this funeral to commence?"

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think of anything. Every time I heard his name I want to die.

"Listen, can we do this another time..miss," I say politely.

"Of course, just call this number when you know," and with that I hung up.

I curled up in my bed and fell asleep.

---time skip---

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing.

I look over and see three texts from Evan. It warmed my heart a little bit.

Evan: Hey! Just getting on the plane! You better be away when I get there.

Evan: Delirious! You better answer me you bitch!

Evan: Open your front door!

I reread the last text and jump up. I put on my mask and run to the door. I open the door to find the tanned Canadian with two bags.

"Hey! My plane lifted off earlier than expected and I called a taxi hear."
He smiled.

"How did you know my address?" I question.
I don't remember giving it to him.

"Marcel gave it to me,"

"Oh..right.." I rubbed the back of my neck and feel goosebumps run over me as the cool morning breeze hit my shirtless chest.

I was embarrassed by only having pajama pants on and a mask.

"Nice mask," Evan giggle and stepped in.

"Heh..thanks,"

He stops and I close the door.

"Follow me..I'll show you where..you can stay." I walk in front of him and he follows.

The only other room with a bed I have is..Luke's room.

I walked in looking at all his decorations and setup. I wanted to cry.

"Here..make yourself at home.." I say as my voice cracked.

I rushed out of there into my room and closed my door. I started bawling. I couldn't hold it back..

--
Evan's POV:

After Jonathan showed me the room I was staying in he quickly ran into his, slamming the door shut.

I looked around the room realizing it was Cartoonz. Why is he upset? Where's Luke? Hopefully he doesn't mind me staying in his room. I set my stuff down and decide to check on Delirious. I walk out the hallway and leaned against the door to listen.

He was..crying.. It broke my heart. I slowly crept the door open and peeked in. He looked up, his masks covering his face, but you could see the tears run down his neck. I walk in and sit next to him, rubbing his back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He sniffles and looked at me.

"I didn't..tell you..did I?" He croaked.

I shook my head and he sat up straight.

"When I ended the-the call last night I went..looking for L-Luke. H-He went to the store to get some things and when I got to the store there w-were policemen and paramedics everywhere. There was a crazy guy with a weapon. Luke was one of the people.. Who.. Who.. Died.." He starts bawling into my shoulder.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I started tearing up, but quickly became strong. I had to be strong for Jonathan. I put my arm around his pale back. I sorta blushed at his shirtless body.. It was so smooth.. I mean, what?

I comfort Jonathan and tell him it's okay. He said he also got a call saying his dog passed. Poor Delirious.

"How about I make some popcorn and we watch a movie, okay?" I suggested as he looked up at me.

He nodded and I got up. I headed to the kitchen and started making some popcorn.

--

Jonathan's POV:

After the meltdown with Evan I felt so embarrassed and lonely. I can't believe Evan's doing this for me. When Evan comforted me, I felt safe in his..very muscular arms.. My heart felt warm. I felt something go up in my pants.

What? Evan's my best friend! I love him, but as my best friend.. Like Luke.

'Maybe Evan's different?'

I heard a familiar voice in my head. I teared up when I heard it.

L-Luke!?

()()()()
Two updates in one day, even though this ones late in the evening. (Glass on the side, I've been sat with you for most of the night.) lol I had to. If you know what song that is lemme know! And I go the idea of the voices from BunnehJuice so the story line is completely different, but the voices was brilliant I had to use it. Hope you don't mind! Again, sorry about last time.

-Danny