Chapter 22: Smiling?

Song - Cry Baby - Melanie Martinez (may have to play on separate device XP)
Play!

Evan's POV:

It's been nearly a month. Doctors are now demanding to pull the plug. But I cry and beg at their knees to keep trying. The doctors are willing to give it one more go, but if he doesn't wake up after...he's gone. My friends are trying so hard to help, but I know they've already giving up on hope. I'm trying, trying for him.

Again, I'm in silence. He looks at peace, as I stroke his brown hair. I sniff and smile. I feel like I'm slowly going insane each day. I finally break down, for what seems like the hundredth time, and sob into his chest.

"I miss you.. I can't do this without you..." I whisper/sob.

"Um, sorry to interrupt," I turn to see the doctor come in. "but we need to do this now. So if you don't mind leaving he room, it'd be much appreciated. Your friends are in the lounge, by the way,"

I nod and get up slowly, but before walking I left a peck on Jonathan's forehead.
I exited the room and made my way out to the lounge. I saw the guys talking in a circle, I knew what it was about. It wasn't a secret anymore as they thought. Of course it was about me. I hated this, but there's nothing I can do to stop any of it. I approach them and sit down. They all stared at me, some giving fake and weak smiles, the others a sad look.

"So, today's the last day? If you don't mind-" Brock began to say and bit his finger, but I didn't mind taking about it anymore. Even though I wanted to cry.

"Yeah, it's fine. But after this..it's over.." I sniff, trying to hold it again. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to hold back the tears that were slipping.
I felt two of the guys sit down next to me and hug me, and rub my back. It was Lui and Marcel, the two monkeys...

"I know this is going to be hard, but all we have to do right now is wait and hope," Marcel reassured me. I wanted to believe what Marcel said was true, but it was hard when the whole world was breaking in front of me.

--

Hours past and still no word from the doctors or anyone. It was quite and some of the guys were trying to start up conversation because of it. To them it was awkward, to me I wanted it to stay the way it is. Suddenly, footsteps were heard as I looked up to see the doctor and nurse. They both had a smile on their face.
I stood up with misty eyes and looked at them. Do those smiles mean..?

Doctor Jace nodded, but his smile he had earlier quickly turned into a frown.

"Is he...?" I ask as the guys stand with me.

"Yes, he is,"

I almost felt like breaking down right there. He was okay! He was alive! My best friend, my lover, was okay!

"But," (a/n: oh the dreadful 'but')
Jace continued,"there is something that may.. may hurt everyone, but..here it goes.."

"Jonathan has Amnesia."

--

His nose twitched in his sleep again. I smiled and stroked his hair. He didn't need the breathing mask or any of that anymore, just the IV's. The guys all sat and stood around the room, all having different things going through the there minds, but I know one. Because I'm thinking it too. He was alive, but those three words haunted me and the others.
H-He has Amnesia..? Does that mean he won't remember he guys? Will he not remember who he is? He won't remember me..?

Jace, the doctor, said he doesn't know if he'll regain his memory, we'll just have to figure it out ourselves. Maybe it was a mishap. He couldn't have forgotten.

I held Jonathan's hand and kissed it. I then leaned my forehead on it and closed my eyes in happiness. All that matters is that he's alive. I suddenly felt his hand move as I held it. I look up and see his eyes flutter open. I let go of his hand and smile.

"You're awake! Jonathan, how I've missed you.." I said and hugged him tight.

He didn't hug back and pushed me away.
"Uh, woah! Dude, who the hell are you? And what is happening?" He jumped up and scanned the room.

The guys looked at him confused. I did too.

"Don't you remember? It's me, Evan. And there's Tyler, Craig, Brian, Marcel, Lui, Brock, and David." I stare into his baby blue eyes. They were full of confusion and fear.

"No, I'm sorry, I don't know you guys." He shrugged. I felt tears threaten me as Lui ran over, knowing my state. He hugged me as I put my head in my hands to cry.

Jace was right. Jonathan was alive, but he doesn't remember me. He doesn't remember being my boyfriend. He doesn't remember loving me. He doesn't remember anything.

Lui took me out of the room as the guys talked to him. I needed time out of that room. Lui and I sat down on the ground and leaned against the wall.

"You okay?" He asked.

I sniffed and hugged my knees, "No, not at all. I mean, I'm so happy that he's alive, but he doesn't even know me anymore..."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll regain it..soon you'll both go back to being the most adorable fucks I know."

I smiled a little and wipe away a tear. Lui was right, but yet everything was telling me he was wrong. I continued to hug my knees and put my head down. I sniffled more and let more tears escape as Lui comforted me.

Well, Jonathan's alive, but he doesn't even remember me?
Does 'I Love You' matter anymore?

--

Yay, Jon's alive! But.. He's.. Yeah.. Sorry.. Trying to make things interesting.. Why do I cry eretihme I write dis? Like, I'm the author! XD okie, sorry this was short. I have future plans I've been working on with this book soooo, yeah. And Ive been busy with school. :( but anyway, thank you guys so much.

Also if you want to ask me questions about anything, go on my Rants book.

Thanks bye!

-Danirious