Chapter 20: Morning To Get Used To

Waking up to the light bed shift, Chris is stretching when Kendall looks up at him before burying her head in his chest. She slides her hand on his chest and laughs a bit thinking about the night before. She looks over at the clock, it reading 9:28.

          "You wake up so damn early," Kendall groans.

          "Sorry," Chris laughs, letting out a soft yawn.

          "So you came over last night to tell me you don't want me with Alex? Was this all because of that or more?"

         Chris sits up on his elbows, "there might be."

          "Good because I thought that's a bit much just for me to say no to Alex," Kendall smirks.

          "He asked me at his party, and this sense of jealousy took over."

          "Why didn't you just tell me at lunch the other day?"

          "Don't laugh," Chris sighs.

          "I'm not going to laugh I promise," Kendall nods.

          "I was kind of afraid. I wasn't sure what you felt, and honestly, I didn't want to mess anything up because I like having you as a best friend."

          Kendall smiles pulling away, "I don't think we could stop being friends Chris," running a hand through her messy hair. "And I still don't know exactly how you feel, but I would be lying if I say that this happening wasn't always kind of in the back of my mind."

         Chris smiles, leaning up and kissing Kendall, happy to hear her answer. They lay in the bed, kissing each other and Kendall's legs tangling with Chris's.

          "Do you have to work today?" Chris asks.

          "I have a couple appointments this afternoon but the morning off. What about you?" Kendall frowns, trailing her fingers along his bare chest.

         "I have to be in at noon," Chris says glancing over at the clock, it reads 9:37. He then looks back at Kendall, "you really are cute without all that makeup shit on your face," he winks.

          Kendall blushes, "oh my god I probably looked like a mess when you came over last night," she laughs. "Well thank you but don't get used to it too much."

          "Why?" Chris asks and moving a stand of hair behind her ear, "I like it, and the messy hair."

         "Okay okay, fine just around you though."

          "Do you mind if I use your shower?"

          "It's all yours. Towels are in the bathroom closet," Kendall yawns and cuddles into the pillow.

          After kissing Kendall's forehead, he makes his way downstairs to retrieve his phone, coming up about thirty seconds later.

          "Is your phone blown up?" Kendall asks, climbing off the bed and running her hand across his lower abs when she walks past him.

          "A couple text messages," Chris answers.

          She pulls on a big shirt that barely covers her butt. Kendall walks back over to Chris, "just a couple? I'm surprised. Are you hungry? Take a shower, and I'll cook us up something."

          "Okay," Chris smiles and winks at her before walking into the bathroom, starting up the shower.