Chapter 18: Love Advice From Mom

Alex pulls up to Kendall's house, getting out and walking up the steps, "I had a really good night with you Kendall. I hope we can do it again."

          "Yeah I had a great time with you too Alex. I'd like to go out again too," Kendall blushes a bit.

          "Um I'll text you, goodnight," Alex kisses her cheek.

          "Goodnight," Kendall smiles.

          Kelsey gets out of the car, "I'll be back babe," Chris says.

         "Chris where are you doing?" Kelsey gives him a look.

          "I'm gonna run by moms. I haven't seen her in weeks."

          She opens her mouth to say something but knowing she can't fight against that, "Okay see you later."

          Pulling up to his mom's house, he gets out and knocks on her door, his mom opens the door, blinking a little, "Chris honey what are you doing here? It's late," she asks letting him in.

          "I'm sorry mom I just need your advice."

          "What's going on?" his mom asks sitting on the couch.

          "Kendall...and Kelsey," he sighs. "Alex and Kendall are going out. I don't like it and Kelsey and I tonight at dinner she was talking about kids, and I'm not ready for that mom."

          "Chris you always knew this was going to come up," his mom says watching. "What do you expect Kendall to do...not date ever? And Kelsey and kids...is she even ready for kids?"

          "Hell no. She's still a kid herself, I mean it seems like it."

         "Exactly Chris, she isn't suitable yet to be a mother, and you're still so young. Are you asking me to help you pick between Kendall and Kelsey?"

          He sighs, "I mean I don't know what I'm feeling with Kendall but her talking about dating Alex and then actually seeing them on a date. I don't like it. What's that supposed to mean?"

          "Honey you know I always thought you and Kendall would be great together. I don't know why you never took a chance with her. But, don't go after her if you don't want to be with her. Don't ruin her chances to be happy with someone else," Chris's mother advises.

          "I won't know till I try mom," Chris sighs.

          "Are you sure you'd want to leave all those years you've had with Kelsey just to try something?"

          "I honestly don't see myself marrying Kelsey right now. She's too clingy and controlling sometimes," Chris sighs. "She tries to make me like her and I'm never going to be like her and her rich ass family, nor do I want to."

          "She has her life planned out Chris. She always has. She needs a guy to go along with it. I never thought you'd be the guy to fall into someone else's life. You're too independent."

          "I think I'm going to go over to Kendall," Chris says.

          "I think that's a good idea."

          "I love you mom," Chris smiles hugging her and kissing her cheek.  

          "Good luck babe."