Chapter 10: Disagreement

Pulling up in his driveway about twenty minutes later, he walks into the house, Kelsey in the living room. "Where have you been?" she asks not happy.

          "I was playing ball with the guys," setting his duffel bag down.

         "At eight at night? I told dad we'd go to dinner with him and we missed it."

          "I'm sorry baby," Chris walks over totally forgetting as he leans down to kiss her but turning her face and he kisses her cheek.

         "It's okay," she sighs.

         "How can I make it up to you?"

          "No, really it's okay. I know I'm already asking a lot of you this week."

         "We are going to Alex's party right?"

        "What do you mean about Alex's party? No, we aren't going, we have to go to Ms. Perlman's retirement party at the agency Chris I told you," Kelsey sighs.

         "Why can't we do both? Ms. Perlman's party isn't at night, Alex's party is. We can go to her party, make an appearance and head to Alex's."

         "Chris no it starts at seven and then we have to stay to the end and you know they last a while...you know how much I loved Ms. Perlman we can't just make an appearance!" Kelsey protests.

         "Kelsey seriously? I have friends too..."

         "Chris we hang out with your friends all the time, and you know how I feel about most of them."

         "Fine," Chris sighs. "Fine," kissing her forehead before walking into the bathroom to shower.

         "Don't just say fine...Chris!" Kelsey yells. "And don't think I didn't taste the beer on you," she says walking back down to the living room.