Chapter 24: Interrupted by Kelsey

It's been a few busy days, Kendall and Chris not seeing each other that much. They've exchanged a few texts here and there since Chris has been with Kelsey a lot who has been making an effort to be with Chris a lot. Since they live in a small town, there is always an abundance of small charities being put together, mainly by Kendall.

          Chris is getting ready for the charity event as he pretty much has to bribe Kelsey to go with him since she knows Kendall will be there. Standing in front of the mirror, tying his tie as Kelsey is putting on her makeup.

          "I don't see why we have to go," Kelsey sighs. "We could just stay in and get into bed," Kelsey smiles, kissing his jaw.

          "As much as I would love that we need to go. Besides, your company is one of the biggest sponsors."

          "I know I know," Kelsey sighs. "I should be there, but I'd rather have a night with you. But it's nice to know I'll be walking in with the best looking guy there."

          Alex and Kendall arrive at the event, sporting a cute short dress with a low cut out back as she gets stopped right away by some old friends. Her eyes scan the crowd and meet Chris's, they smile.

         Alex looks overseeing Chris and Kelsey as he pulls Kendall over.

          "So what are you two a thing now?" Kelsey smirks at the pair.

         "Yeah, we are," Alex smiles. Kendall's eyes widen a bit as they've never talked about it but smiling at him then looking at Chris.

           "Good for you two," Kelsey smiles.

          "You two have fun," Kendall replies, pulling Alex away.

          Just as they walk away, Chris's mom walks up, Kelsey walking away.

          "Kelsey walked away pretty fast," raising an eyebrow. "Doesn't like me huh? What's wrong?" asking her son.

           "I guess Kendall and Alex are a thing now."

          "Chris, did you ask her about it?"

          "No I haven't," he shakes his head.

          "Chris she loves you, and you love her, stop this."

          "I know," Chris sighs looking over at Kendall.

          "Enjoy yourself, honey," his mom kisses his cheek before walking away.

          Chris looks around not seeing Kendall, Alex nor Kelsey as he begins to walk around. He then feels a hand grab his arm and pulling him to the side.

          "Hey," Kendall says.

          "Hey," Chris smiles a little.

          "How's your night?" Kendall asks, keeping her hand on his arm.

          "You and Alex?" ignoring the question.

          Kendall nods a bit, "What about us?"

          "Do you want to be with Alex?"

          Kendall crosses her arms, her jaw tightening. "What am I supposed to do Chris? Sit back here alone while you live the best of both worlds?"

          "I'm just as confused as you."

          "I'm not confused at all. I know what I want," trying to keep her voice down. "But I'm not going to force you to choose because eventually, you will hold it against me."

          "Give me some time."

          "No," shaking her head, "I'm not playing this Chris. You know I'm not the girl to beg for a guy or feel needy or whatever this feels like," Kendall says frustrated.

         "Hey guys," Alex walks over interrupting. He slides his hand around her waist.

          "Hey," Kendall says softly, faking a smile.

          "Everything okay? So, I thought what if we all did a double date?"

          Kendall begins to shake her head.

          "You know that does sound fun, but Kendall and Kelsey don't exactly get along," Chris says.

          "Come on Kendall you have to get used to your best friend dating a girl you don't like," Alex laughs.

         "Yeah, I don't see that happening," Kendall smirks.

         "It's not a good idea man."

          "Okay okay, I get it," Alex laughs. "So what's new with you and Kels? Going to get her the ring?"

          "And I'm going to let you guys talk," Kendall walking, not wanting to be a part of that conversation.

          "Alex I have to tell you something man."

          "Chris, don't you dare!" Kendall says.

          "And why not?"

          "What's going on?" Alex asks confused.

          "You know exactly," Kendall glares at Chris.

          Chris opens his mouth just as Kelsey walks over to the trio.

          "Fine say it, Chris," crossing her arms, knowing he won't as she grabs Alex's hand to pull him away.

          "Hi," Chris greets Kelsey as they disperse.

         "Everything okay?" kissing him softly. "About ready to go home?"

          "Yeah, that's fine."

          They head out an hour later.