Chapter 44: Average, Boring Couple

A few days into his trip, Chris gets back to his hotel after a long day of meetings, definitely tired. He climbs into the enormous, comfortable bed—FaceTiming Kendall.

          "Hey baby," Kendall answers, wearing an oversized shirt and shorts, her hair in a messy bun.

          "Hey, what are you doing?"

          "Not much having a girl's night with Sarah, watching a chick flick, bad food and a bottle of wine," teasing.

          "That wine better be code for water," Chris laughs.

           "Sparkling grape juice actually."

          "How's my girl?" referring to Linley.

          "She's good, not giving us problems today."

          "Well, I miss you guys."

           "I miss you too," sticking out her bottom lip, "come home, Chris."

           "Two more days, be patient."

          "I know, I know. But Sarah doesn't cuddle as well as you do."

          "You're cuddling with Sarah?" Chris laughs. "That's kind of hot."

          "You think so huh?" Kendall smiles.

          "Yeah, it is." 

           "Maybe I can convince her to cuddle with me for you one day or a bit more."

           "Go watch your movie," Chris laughs hearing Sarah call out to Kendall.

          "Goodnight, love you," blowing him a kiss.

          "Love you too," he winks, ending the video call. 

           Walking back down the hall and rejoining Sarah in the living room—glad to receive Chris's call.

          "You guys are just ew," Sarah sighs. "But seriously why are you guys so cute?"

          "We aren't that cute, we're just an average boring couple," Kendall teases.