Plan B

Some people say that war never ends. They say that men always find a new reason to start a new one. Everywhere people are always fighting, against their selves, against friends, even against their own families. It's like they are always craving for pain, for more loss.

War is often...a mass discharge of internal rage where the inner fears of mankind are discharged in mass destruction. Thus war can sometimes be a means by which man's own frustration at his inability to master his own self is expressed and temporarily relieved via his unleashing of destructive behaviour upon others.

Mankind always finds a new way or reason to start a war. It's in our nature.

Robb knew that the moment he was galloping towards the forest. His men were dying around him, the screams of anguish filling his senses. In that moment Robb grew desperate and hopeless, afraid that the war would never end.

Afraid that he would have to fight until there was no one left. What made him continue though, wasn't honour or bravery, it was hope. Hope that someday he would free Elena from both Ramsay and her promises to his father.

Hope that someday everyone would be at peace.

So Robb kept on riding towards the forest with his men following him. The Boltons chased them into the forest where the trap awaited them.

There were two high walls Robb's army had built where no horse or man could climb over, right in between those two walls was a small gate, large enough for ten horses to drive through at the same time.

Robb led his army through that gate with the Boltons on their tails.

"Now!" Robb yelled when his last man drove through the gate.

The gate fell shut immediately. The men on the wooden wall dropped more than 40 trees down, smashing Roose's army. Immediately archers that were either hiding in the tree or standing atop of the wall began to shoot at the army.

"Aidan!" Robb yelled, hearing the screams from the other side of the wall of wood that had blocked his way towards the enemy.

"Your grace?" Aidan landed right in front of Robb's horse, wrapping his cloudy grey wings behind his back as he looked up at the Northern king.

Robb smiled at him, knowing the trap was working even better than he had hoped. "Give them hell."

~

"Ramsay?" Abigail ran towards him when she saw him dragging Elena away from the dungeons. Abigail frowned as she looked at his blue eyes. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Ethan said that she was to stay in the dungeons!" Abigail protested, pointing at Elena.

"Did he?" Ramsay smiled while walking up the stairs towards the wall and pulled on the chains in his hands again, causing Elena's weak body to fall to the ground.

"Yes?" Abigail frowned at Ramsay while following him.

"He hasn't been very honest with you, now has he?" Ramsay pulled Elena towards the top of the wall where they could see smoke coming from the forest.

"What are you talking about?" Abigail's face grew pale, knowing this wasn't good news.

"He wants them all dead, all of the prisoners." Ramsay smiled, knowing of the relationship between Abigail and Louis.

"No, he promised me he would live." Abigail grew even paler than before, her hands starting to shake uncontrollably.

"Just like he promised you he was telling the truth about your father?" Ramsay's smirk grew even wider, enjoying the look of fear in her eyes. "He's called the Dark One for a reason, sweetheart."