The prophecy

"Elena."

"No, Jon!!!" Elena yelled, pulling even harder on the arms that were trapping her. She pushed them away with such a force that they were send backwards, their bones cracking loudly when they connected with either walls or ground.

"To arms!" Ser Alliser yelled when he noticed that the situation was getting out of hand. Elena was defending Jon's body as more and more crows started to attack her and the other two male guardians were trying to get to her.

"Shoot them you idiots!" Ser Alliser screamed and pointed at the archers positioned on the walls around them.

Steven charged towards him, hoping that if he'd have defeated him that all the other men would lay down their arms. The two engaged into a heavy sword fight.

"ENOUGH!" Damon yelled, punching his fist on the ground which caused a tiny earthquake, big enough to throw all of the men around him to the ground.

"That went better than expected." Damon frowned when all of the crows were either groaning loudly on the ground or just lying there unconscious.

"Elena?" Steven saw her kneeling down on the ground, picking up someone's body which he could not identify from so far away.

"Fuck." Damon cursed and ran towards his sister, kneeling down by her side.

"We have to help him." Elena sobbed, her hand stroking Jon's cheek as she looked up at Damon.

"It's too late Elena." Steven sighed and looked at her apolitically. Jon was still breathing but he was barely alive. "The amount of power that it takes for him to heal now is too great for any of us."

"Please." Elena sobbed, her arms tightening around Jon's body, cradling him in her arms. "I can't lose him now, I can't."

"Elena..." Steven closed his eyes, trying to find a way to tell her.

"Maybe there is a way." Damon said and looked up at Steven. All the while he aimed his hand at a crow that was trying to sneak up at them with a knife, sending him backwards again without even looking.

"We will need to combine our strength, link our powers." Damon said.

"What you're saying is dangerous for all of us."

"We don't have a choice, Steven, look at her." Damon spoke to him telepathically. "If he dies, so does the real Elena. You know what consequences that will bring. I'm not ready to lose my sister, not now."

"Whatever it takes." Elena mumbled. She looked down at Jon, seeing how he was fighting to stay alive. Jon slowly managed to lift his arm, softly stroking Elena's hair behind her ear.

"Tell them I..." Jon managed to say. "I'm sorry." Jon coughed, blood trickling down his face.

Elena looked back up at her brother. "We need to hurry."

Damon nodded, waving with his hands what caused and invincible shield to form around their bodies, protecting them from the crows that were starting to attack them again.

"Steven, you know what to do." Damon said, taking one of Jon's hands and another one of Steven's. He, in turn, took one of Elena's.

"Elena, when you feel our powers inside your body, you need to start healing Jon. Don't lose your concentration and don't fight against the link or you'll kill us all. But most of all, don't try to relive another one's memory or you'll get lost inside it." Steven said sternly. "Same counts for you, Damon."

"Sure thing, cap."

"3, 2, 1-"
Steven counted down and then linked their bodies, all their powers flowing through each other, all the memories, all of their thoughts, hopes and lost dreams. They didn't only link their bodies, it was their souls that connected.