Through the dark

When the night is coming down on you, we will find our way through the dark.

"Thought they'd never stop coming." Robb sighed in exhaustion, sitting down against a tree while looking at the Guardian in front of him. He still couldn't keep his eyes off her wings, they were immense and pearly white. He saw that it took Elena a great effort to move them since she wasn't used to having them yet.

Above all though Robb couldn't get over the fact that he finally admitted to himself that he liked her. She finally gave him a reason why she did what she did back at the Kingsroad. 

"Thought you'd never give me this sword." Elena chuckled while swaying the weapon Robb gave her after she had asked for it a million times. Elena's legs while trembling in exhaustion, she had used her powers too much and she knew that soon she'd fall into a long sleep. The reason she didn't tell Robb was that she didn't want to sound weak, not now when they could finally talk without yelling at each other.

"You didn't give me much of a choice, we'd have been dead if I didn't." Robb looked at all the wildlings they had killed. He almost felt regret but then he saw Elena's torn dress. He felt sympathy for Elena, seeing the way she walked and her expression. Anger built up in his stomach just at the mere thought of those men touching her soft skin.

"How far did they come?" Robb asked softly.

"Luckily not far." Elena sighed and sat down against another tree. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the cold wood, trying to keep the images of the savages trying to rape her out of her head. "Apparently I can't take care of myself anymore."

There was a moment of silence, Robb looked at the wounds he had gotten from the fight while he was deep in thought and Elena sat there with her eyes closed, trying to stay awake. He then looked at her again, silently taking in her face. It was the first time he really looked at her, he realized. It was then that he noticed just how beautiful she really was. 

She wasn't perfect. Her eyebrows were a little too thick, she had a scar on the right side of her cheekbone and the freckles covered almost half her face. To Robb though these imperfections suddenly seemed exactly right.

"Why didn't you tell us what you are?" Robb asked, a small hint of anger was lingering in his voice.

"It wouldn't have changed anything." Elena said, still sitting with her eyes closed. Robb sighed, knowing he would never get a solid answer from her. 

"Guess we should be going then, we still have that order to deliver." Robb said and walked towards his horse, he wanted to leave and to go home. He could already feel the hatred towards Elena boiling up again. He heard Elena stand up, walking with soft and weak steps and a few seconds later a loud thud.

"What are you doing?" Robb asked while readying his horse. He strengthened the saddle, making sure it wouldn't fall off of his horse.

"Elena?" He turned around when she didn't answer.

"Seven hells." Robb saw her sprawled across the forest' cold floor, her nearly white hair scattered around her head and her eyes closed, small whimpers falling from her lips.

"Elena?" He knelt down in front of her and tried to get an answer, fearing she was dying. He looked for wounds but didn't find any. Robb lifted her head from the ground with an arm around her shoulders until she was lying in his arms.

"Elena, com'on answer me." He placed his palm against her cheek, his thumb against her neck, trying the find a heartbeat. It was there, only it was too soft and slow.