The battle of life and death -part 3: Elena's weakness

"All that is gold does not glitter"

"Elena!" Sam burst through the door with his sword ready in his hand, seeing how the guardian was being held up by The Mountain and how Jaime lay dying in Cersei's arms. It didn't take long before he had decided what to do, he jumped on the mountain's back and placed his sword against his throat while holding him. It gave Elena enough room to escape from Glegaine's hold, pushing herself free and landing on the floor to catch her breath.

"Elena?!" Sam yelled when Glegaine started to try to throw him off. "A bit of help, please?!"

Elena growled, her eyes narrowing while she slowly looked up from the ground, her throat raspy and aching. She stood up while watching The Mountain thrash around, desperate to get Sam off of his back. She lifted her arm slowly, concentrating on the blood flowing through his body. Only there was none, it was like he was a walking corpse with only dried blood in his body.

"Now might be a good time to do something!" Sam yelled when The Mountain threw him against the wall. He then furiously turned towards Sam who tried to grin at him. Glegaine ran towards Sam with huge, heavy steps and tried to hit him. Luckily Sam dodged by rolling aside quickly, looking how The Mountain had made an huge hole in the wall.

"Kill her, not him!" Cersei had been crawling back with Jaime in her arms who was still murmuring in disbelief. She grasped her sword that she had brought with her, holding it up to try and keep Elena away from her. Cursing, Elena tried to remember the lessons Liane taught her while the Mountain was storming towards her.

"Just focus on the vibrations, the small movement of every object or substance. Then make those vibrations bent to your will." When Glegaine was just a few inches away from hitting her she waved her hand, causing The Mountain to fall down with a loud crash.

"You may seem alive." Elena walked closer towards him while looking at his empty eyes, her hands balling into fists. She kept on pushing him down with her powers like there was a huge hand placed on his back. "But you are no more than her puppet." She made his helmet crumble with his head in it, hearing a loud crack when his skull gave in. He didn't even make a sound, not even a small groan.

"That was scary." Sam tried to laugh as he was slumped against the wall, his hand resting on his chest.

"Cersei." Elena narrowed her eyes further, her hands balled into fists while being surrounded in a thick light blue smoke. The queen looked up at her, raising her sword even further. "Surrender before you hurt yourself."

Cersei was no fool. She knew that she was defeated. Only her pride as a lion, like all the Lannisters before her, was too great for her to surrender to her enemy. "We entered the world together." Cersei said while holding Jaime. "And we will leave it together."

"Don't!" Sam tried to grasp the hilt of the sword before it was too late but he failed. Cersei had driven the sword through her own chest, her eyes filling with pain the moment the sword pierced her skin. "Well, dammit."

Elena knelt down before them slowly, looking at Jaime's closed eyes. When she saw his chest rise and fall slowly but surely, she sighed in relief. Without alarming his sister Elena froze the area around his wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "Cersei." Elena said while looking at her sadly. "You know what it is like to lose your children. So please, help me. You've got nothing left to lose."

"Did you try to save him?" Cersei stammered, tears forming in her eyes. "Tommen? When he fell?"

Elena looked down to the ground, closing her eyes while letting out a deep breath. She would never forget how she saw the little boy fall from the castle and then his broken little body on the cold hard floor. Elena looked up at Cersei again, nodding slowly. "I was too late."