Screams

I wrapped the last cut when I heard yells and shouts from outside, running to check. Fireworks went off, paper confetti thrown and hugs given. I pushed away and saw all my old friends, smiling and waving, screaming something I couldn't hear.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Oh, yes. New Years Eve. I sighed and turned around.

"What do you want?"

They twirled me around and I caught my sleeve before it went down. The group smiled and handed me food, a glass, and pulled me out to the yard. I forced on a smile, and did a small amount of dancing. Mettaton waltzed up, and danced with me. Sans told me some puns. Papyrus offered me some spaghetti and Undyne talked with me. Alphys was sitting under a tree with some other people.

I was approached by a pretty blonde, with green eyes and large glasses. She didn't smile like anyone else, and took me to a dark corner, leaning in.

"I know."

"What?"

"I saw them, (y/n). I saw the scars." She tilted her head and pulled up her own sleeve.

I glanced at her wounds and stepped back.

"So what?"

She shook her head, and told me she was Mettaton's assistant. Mettaton didn't know she hurt herself but knew I did. He wanted me to talk later. I nodded, just a bit.

"Great. Just tell him they're old and opened up. He can't know you still do it, because you would never be allowed near any harmful things again."

-later-

"I see. Then why are there bandages?"

"Um..."

Mettaton grabbed my shoulders, shaking me, crying, asking why I blocked them all out for two years.

"Because you were all to much!"

He backed up, sadness evident on his face. Mettaton leaned in, and kissed me as everyone yelled out a happy new year. He nodded and turned, leaving me behind.

Happy New Year to me.