Case File-#8,156

Joan,

This is the private diary of (y/n). It was found among their belongings, which was searched when they arrived. I believe you can add some information to the case file.

-Mike

Entry 797

It was cold outside, the wind howling and hiding the small noise we all made. The loud groans and screeches of those being attacked and those who had suffered enough but couldn't die.

Two years. This whole sickness was supposed to blow over in weeks. Weeks, dammit. But now our surviving troupe was pushing 24 months, horrible months. I wanted to cry, cry hard, remembering the members we lost.

I glanced around the fire at Undyne, at Toriel, Alphys (who was always protected by Undyne), Papyrus (protected by Sans), and a sweetly napping Frisk. They were protected by Toriel. All the strongest fighters had someone to help, save. I was the exception. I focused on Sans a bit more then the rest, sure, but my role was important.

I protected the entire group. Hard with a single katana, but I was a damn fighter who wanted us all to live. Sans helped, but today...

I glanced at the skeleton, huddled in the corner. The rest of us were trying to sleep, snuggling with everybody. Mettaton had been rescued after he was hurt badly, so we were left without him. I stood and went to Sans, grabbing my jacket and draping over him.

"what are you doing?"

I smiled and sat next to him, rubbing my hand along his back and pulling him closer.

"Keeping you warm. You need to take better care of yourself."

He tried to shrug off the jacket and move away. I sighed and put it back on his shoulders. I went to my spot and fell asleep.

Entry 798

Frisk was sobbing, Undyne yelling, and Sans was breathing heavily when I woke up. Shooting up like a bullet, I noticed I was in the air with everyone else fighting the zombie things. I yelled for Sans to put me down, which he did. I grabbed my katana and ran at a small cluster, slicing at the heads and chests. I yelled for the weakest to evacuate with Undyne and Toriel.

"WEAKEST, GET OUT! UNDYNE AND TORIEL, GUARD THEM! GET OUT!"

Sans shot his Gaster Blasters at some of the infected. Papyrus lingered near him, scared out of his mind. Sans looked at him, crying.

"PAP, BRO, GET OUT!"

Papyrus whispered something, which Sans responded to. Then the tall skele ran out with the rest as I cut through more of the things, trying to dodge them. About twenty remained, and we shot though them quick.

I caught my breath, as Sans ran out to find Papyrus. I followed after, and found they were all safe. I wrapped Frisk up in a hug, and grabbed Papyrus' hand. Toriel was holding one of Frisk's hands and Sans wasn't letting go of Papyrus' free hand. Alphys held onto Undyne, and we walked like that. This was a safer area, but Sans and Undyne were on edge. After hours of walking, we reached a safe house.

Entry 799

I went in to check if it was safe of them, which it was. I waved the rest in and told them to find areas to sleep. It was dark, quiet. After we all settled into our rooms, I went into the once-upon-a-time living room and sat down.

He didn't notice, I didn't want him to. But I wanted him near me, and I hated it. Why do I focus on Sans when we could all die any minute now? When we started this fight, trying to live for a few weeks, both him and I were together. But we drifted apart, never officially breaking up because we were never officially dating. Some song started playing in my head, and I sang along.