Moment of happiness

I open the wooden door leading inside. Right when you enter the house you found yourself inside the large living room. Right behind it is a big kitchen. My room is in the hallway to the left while Toriel has her own bedroom in the second floor.

"Anybody home?"

No answer.

"I quess Mom is still at school." I say out loud.

"What is high school like?" Asriel asks behind me.

"Well stressful to say the least, but kind of fun." I reply after thinking my answer through.

"Why is it stressful?" He continues to ask curiously.

"Well because you have to study on exams and complete assignments and other homework." I explain as I put away my shoes.

"Which reminds me that I have one that needs to be turned in tomorrow." I remember.

"Want to come into my room?" I ask him.

"Yeah...sure." He answers and blushes for some reason.

We enter my large room. My bed is in the right corner of the room. Right next to it on the right side of the wall I have my desk on which I occasionaly do my homework. Then there is a huge wardrobe with all of my clothes. A book with placed on top of a small nightstand right next to her bed.

"Make yourself comfortable, I will be right back." She says before she runs of.

Asriel sits down at one of the chairs at her desk and looks around the room. The posters of some animated characters with different weapons catch his eye. Suddenly Nilu opens the door with two glasses in her hand.

"I brought you some water, but I didn't know if you wanted it with ice." She says as she carefully puts the glasses on the table.

"What's on those posters?" He asks curiously.

"Oh, just some of the animes that I like." I reply filled with determination.

"What's an anime?" He asks.

"Animated series from Japan." I reply when I take out my notebooks with books.

"So how are you feeling?" I ask him as I open one of the books.

"Well I have been reincarnated after seven years and now I am sitting in my best friends room drinking water and waiting for my mother to come home." He sarcastically.

"So very nervous and uncomfortable." I add.

"I mean, what am I even supposed to say to her? I can't just say: Hi mom." He says nervously.

"It will be fine, I promise." I say and I put my hand on his knee while smiling. However when I see his face turn red I quickly return it back on the table.

"So tell me what do you want to do?" I quickly change the subject.)

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

"Well once we throw you a welcome back party and you start living here." I say while completing my homework.

"I always wanted to play on a piano." He confesses.

"That's nice." I say and smile once again."

Suddenly they both hear the front door open.

"Looks like she is here. She is probably going to squeeze your soul out of your body when she sees you." I say and smile at him.

I stand up and open the door to my room.  I peek out and see Toriel and Sans entering the house.

"Welcome home." I greet them.

"My child, why have you left school? Are you perhaps ill?" Toriel asks worried.

"No I am ok, it's something different." I confess.

"Then what is it?" She asks.

"Hi...mom." says Asriel from behind me.