Turn for worse

"And that's how you solve it." said Asriel happily as he showed me his notes from the math class.

"I think I am starting to get it now." I say quietly as I crack my knuckles. The cracking sound fills the quiet void of our shared room.

"Okay so want to try another example?" As he flips the page in his notebook.

"Asriel?"

"What is it?" he asks me and looks directly in to my eyes.

"Thank you for helping me with my problems, because you never had and yet you volunteered." I say shyly as my face turns deep shade of red.

"It's okay that is what friends are for right?" Asriel smiles at me and his smile burning my depression away.

"Yeah you are right." I reply.

"So what can I do for you?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?" Asriel asks me confused.

"Well since you are helping me with my math problem, I think it is fair that I help you with something." I say smiling.

"I actually have a problem of my own." he confesses after a while.

"Oh what is it?" I ask curiously.

"There is this girl that I really like in our class and I wondered if you could help me pick some gifts for her." he says blushing.

"So shall we be off?" I ask Asriel.

"What? Right now?" he asks me shocked.

"Yeah, I thought we could go out before it gets dark." I reply as I grab my blue sweatshirt.

"Ok sounds...reasonable." Asriel answers as he closes his notebook, blushing for some reason.

We exit our room as we head out. I turn off the television that Sans left on before he felt asleep. I quickly run back to our room to retrieve my wallet and my phone from my desk. I rejoin Asriel at the door leading outside. He already has his blue shoes on. I quickly put on my black ones. I smile at him and we venture outside.

Later that evening....

I am walking down the empty and now dark street alongside Asriel. He is holding a banquet of red roses in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other. I look at him and he smiles as we start crossing the street.

Enjoy your happines, but I know what you did. You murdered every one of them remember?

I froze in the middle of the street with horrifying expression on my face. The images of murdering every single one of my friends and family. I kneel down ignoring Asriel's voice.

And you enjoyed it, didn't you?

Tears start rolling down my cheeks and I register a bright light at the end of the street. Wearing my dark clothes I am practically invisible in the dark. That's when the light blinds me and I hear Asriel's yell. I stand up and look right next to me. Sudden impact sends me flying through the air and I hear cracks as my body absorbs the force of the impact. I land onto the cold surface of the street, pain all over my body reminding me that I am still alive.

It was nice talking to you Nilu. See you soon.

As the voice in my head says the sentence I start losing consciousness the only sound that I hear before my eyes close is Asriel screaming my name.

"Nilu!!!!"