Tadaima

The white light blinds my vision. I slowly open my eyes. After a few moments I realize that I am standing back in my mindscape. The clear sky with pure white clouds. The surface of water reflecting my face.

Wow, it's been quite a while since I was here.

"Nilu?" A gentle voice asks filled with love and kindness. I look behind me. A woman with long black hair wearing comfortable grey clothes smiles at me. I run up to her pulling her into a tight hug.

"Mom...." I whisper as she hugs me back. I start crying in my mother's embrace.

"I am glad that I got a chance to meet you like this. Even though our first reunion wasn't a really happy event." My mom says softly as she pats me on the back.

"You have grown into a beautiful young woman Nilu." She says her voice booming with pride.

"I saw some of your childhood memories and I am sorry for what he did to you." She apologizes honestly talking about my father's actions.

"It doesn't matter." I say as I leave her embrace smiling.

"Huh?" She asks me shocked.

"At first I hated him, who wouldn't? But when I look back, running away was maybe the best thing to ever happen to me. Because of that I managed to find true happiness." I admit looking back on all the things that happened to me since I ran away.

"I would like to stay here with you longer, but unfortunately it looks like my time is running out." My mom says sadly as she looks at her hand. Her fingers are slowly turning into dust and being blown away by the wind.

"I made lots of friends mom! I study everyday and only subject that I have problems with is Math!" I yell out as I cry.

"And I have a new family so you don't have to worry about me! They are all really nice and kind. You would love them if you got a chance to meet them!"

"And also I found true love!" My mom smiles as tears start rolling dow her cheeks.

"I am sorry for acting like a brat when I was little I am sorry million times over! I love you mom!"

"I love you too, Nilu." She whispers and hugs me again.

"Now go and live a happy life for both our sakes." She whispers into my ear and places a small piece of paper into the pocket of my pants. Her wholy body gets blown away by the wind as the last strands of her hair turn into dust.

"Arigato, mom." I whisper to myself as a bright white light surrounds me.

I slowly open my eyes. I feel really tired even though I just woke up. For some reason a medical eyepatch is placed over my right eye. I blink a few times as my vision clears itself. I notice Asriel sitting on the chair right next to my bed sleeping. Thanks to the bags under his eyes I determine that he probably didn't sleep a few days. I boop his snout with my index finger and he jolts awake. I smile at him and he looks like he has just seen a ghost.

"Tadaima, Asriel."

"Welcome back, Nilu." He says as he starts shedding the tears of joy.

"Welcome back." He whispers as he hugs me.

The door suddenly opens and I notice Alphys in her lab coat enter looking into some papers.

"I am really sorry, Asriel I wish I could somehow wake her up. It's the least I could do after all that she has done for me." Alphys says sadly looking into the ground almost crying.

"Geez Al smile a little will ya?" I say as I sit in my bed smiling at her brightly.

"N-N-Nilu?!" Alphys yells out as tears start rolling down her face like waterfalls. She runs up to us and quickly pulls both of us into a group hug.

"So what's up an why is everyone so sad and lacking sleep?" I ask both of them.

"After I found you in the street you remained in a coma for two weeks. And if you wouldn't wake up until tomorrow the doctors said that you wouldn't wake up at all." Asriel explains.

"And it's so good to have you back!" Alphys yells out all the sadness and uncertainty leaving her body.

"It's good to be back." I say as I kiss Asriel passionatelly.

"Awwww."