Ravenheart

"Now just slowly spread the magic across your whole body." Asriel says as he watches Nilu concentrating on the ground. A faint rainbow glow surrounds her whole body. Asriel smiles as he sees her concentrating furiously.

"Just imagine that magic is like a stream of water. Now just slowly step inside and feel it flow all around you, washing over your body." Asriel flies down and gently whispers into my ear. He places his hand on my shoulder and immediately my expression calms down. The glow of magic around my body strenghtens.

"Good, you are doing great so far." Asriel encourages me with his smile.

"Now imagine that you have the entire sky at your fingertips just waiting to be explored." He says and slowly I feel my body levitate into the air.

"Oh my god! I am flying!" I yell excited and as I do my concentration breaks making me fall to the ground. I close my eyes as I prepare myself for the impact, but the impact that I expected never came. I slowly open my eyes.

"You should be more careful." Asriel says as I find myself in his arms.

"Sorry, I got excited." I bow my head in apology.

"It's okay." Asriel says and gently ruffles my hair before putting me down.

"You still have a long way to go before you will be on my level and flight is one of the most complicated things." he encourages me.

"I am tired." I say as I fall to the ground.

"Well, I suppose we could wrap it up for today." Asriel says his hand resting on his chin thinking.

"Sooo...tired." I mutter out closing my eyes.

I open my eyes to find myself standing in a small garden with golden flowers growing everywhere. I look around and I notice Asriel standing up ahead looking into the distance. As I get closer I can finally make up what he is wearing. A green-yellow striped shirt and he reaches somewhere up to my waist. I smile as his child self looks absolutely adorable.

"I am sorry." He apologizes sobbing.

"I hurt so many people. Friends, family, innocent bystanders. There is no excuse for what I have done. The only think I can do is to disappear from this world. That is the only way for atone for my sins." He explains as his body starts to slowly fade away in the wind.

"No! Don't leave me!" I cry as I kneel in order to hug him. Before my hands can touch him, his body scatters into the petals of golden flowers. A lonely petal falls into the opened palm of my hand as I sit there on the grass not believing what just happened.

"Asriel, you promised... you promised that no matter what you would stay with me forever!" I yell out in mixture of sadness and anger as I punch the ground in frustration. The wind starts blowing and the golden petals start swirling all across the garden.

"This was his fate, but you changed it." says an unknown voice. I look up before me to notice a woman looking somewhat in her thirties. She is wearing a completely tight black leather outfit. She is holding a sheated katana in her right hand as she approaches me. I look at her face covered with a japanese white fox mask.

"Who are you?" I ask her as she walks towards drawing her blade in the process.

"I have many names, but the only thing you need to know is that I am your judge." She says calmly as she places the shard tip of her katana on my neck.

"However this is not the right time or place for my judgement." she says without emotion as she sheathes her shiny blade.

"Nilu Ravenheart, enjoy life while you still can." she walks away into the distance before she vanishes.

I quickly open my eyes, feeling my heart beating deep in my chest. I breathe quickly as I desperately try to calm down, but I can't. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, everything will be fine, just take deep breaths." Asriel whispers into my ear as I follow his advice.

"Nightmares?" he asks me when I calm down and I nod.

"Yeah, sorry if I woke you up." I apologize and he ruffles my hair as he hugs me.

"It's okay just try to get some sleep." he whispers into my ear.

"Thanks." I whisper as I wrap my arms around him.