Happiness isn't eternal

As I get seated at our large dining table I patiently await Asriel with the food. But I can't help but wonder where Mom is. I haven't seen her all day and she usually comes back home pretty early.

"Hey Asriel?"

"What's going on?" I hear him ask from the kitchen.

"Where is Mom? She is the one that occupies the kitchen all the time." I ask him from my seat in the empty dining room.

"She said she needed to do some extra work today back at school." Asriel answers as he carries two plates in his hands while walking like a waiter from some really famous restaurant.

"Here is your meal miss." Asriel says while placing the plate in front of me. I look at my plate and I see one mound of rice and a mix of chicken meat cut into small pieces and chinese vegetables.

"Thank you." I reply as he disappears into the kitchen again. After a short while he appears again and holds two forks and two knifes. He places them next to my plate. Then he takes out a lighter from the pocket of his black pants. He uses it to light the white candle placed between the two of us. Then he turns off the light expect one. The room gets darker expect for the dim light and the fire of the candle. Then he presses some buttons on the radio and slow and relaxing music starts echoing throughout the room. Asriel then disappears for the last time. He comes back with a wine bottle and two glasses. He fills them with a red liquid and places them on the table.

"Asriel Is that wine?" I ask him nervously.

"It is but don't worry it is without alcohol." Asriel reassures me and I carefully take a sip.

"I hope that everything is to your liking." Asriel says as he watches me taste his meal.

"Ummm, this is absolutely delicious!" I proclaim after swallowing one small piece of the meat. I place down my fork and I smile at Asriel.

"I can tell that you really planned this whole thing." I say out loud and I stare into his captivating eyes.

"I wanted to surprise, I had everything planned you would wake up and I would be here waiting with dinner and everything set up." Asriel explains as he drinks his wine.

"Then I ruined it when I "wheeled" in on you while you were cooking." I add smiling at the cleverness of my own pun.

"Everything turned out just fine, stop feeling like everything is your fault and by the way that was actually funny." Asriel encourages me while smiling at my joke.

"I am sorry I just can't help it." I admit sadly.

"It's okay I understand." he says as he places his hand on my own.

"Asriel is this a dream?" I ask him tears forming in my eyes.

"Because if it is I don't want to wake up." I continue as we hold our hands.

"It's not a dream Nilu." Asriel reassures me after a brief moment of silence.

After we finish our dinner Asriel gets up and takes the dishes back to the kitchen. After a moment he returns carrying a familiar tea set. I take my cup of tea as soon as he places the tea set on the table. I quickly add sugar and then I mix it with spoon. I take a sip and I revel in the taste of the tea.

"I don't know how you do it, but everytime you make me tea it's ten times delicious than when I do it." 

"I secretly add love." Asriel confesses and smiles.

"Hmm is this the golden flower tea?" I ask him curiously as I proceed to taste the tea again.

"Yeah it's dad's favorite." Asriel replies and drinks his own.

"So when will we tell them?" I ask him.

"Tell who and what?" Asriel asks me confused.

"Mom and Dad about us." I explain.

"I am okay with whenever you are ready." Asriel answers and takes another sip of his tea.

"Knowing Mom she already know just doesn't shows any signs of knowing."

Toriel sets her glasses on the table and sighs. She looks around her principal's office. The table is filled with papers she just finished organizing in order for them to be ready for the inspection that awaits the school in the next two weeks. Sans was kind enough to volunteer to help her. But left a moment ago saying he needs some sleep. Toriel smiles as she sees his blue hoodie placed on the chair in front of her. She grabs her purple bag along with Sans's hoodie and turns to leave. As soon as she places her hand on the door handle she hears voice coming from behind her.

"Hi Mom." Toriel turns around to see a young girl with brown hair and wearing a striped shirt similar to Asriel's.

"Chara?" Toriel manages to say as she starts to cry happy that her long lost child is alive and well. Chara smiles and gently swipes her hand in the air sending Toriel flying through the door of her office into the large school hallway. Only to be stopped by a wall of lockers. She falls to the ground shocked at the actions her child commited. Chara only smiles as knife appears in her hands. She toys around with it and laughs looking at Toriel with her red eyes.

"Too bad Mom, you know that not every story has a happy ending." Chara says as she walks over to Toriel's unconscious body.

"And certaintly not this one." Chara adds as her knife pierces Toriel's stomach. She disappears in a red and black cloud leaving behind Toriel in pool of her own blood. Footsteps echo throughout the school hallway as Sans walks heading to the principal's office. When he reaches the hallway he stands there in state of pure shock. His eye turns blue and he is immediately holding her with his telekinesis. He manages to stop the bleeding and quickly starts running towards the exit of the school with her body levitating behind her.

Don't worry Tori you'll be fine I promise.