Feeling Guilty

Asriel runs through the hospital corridors while carrying me on his back. He finally stops when he sees Sans standing in the hallway.

"How is she?" I ask as Asriel puts me down.

"the doctors say that she'll fine as long as she rests." Sans replies trying to hide the fact that he is worried.

"Can we see her?" Asriel asks him.

"yeah go ahead." Sans replies.

Asriel opens the white door and I enter alongside him. He closes the door behind us. I shiver when I hear the uncomfortable and familiar beeping sound break the silence of the room. I look at Toriel lying there on the bed unconscious. I sadly look at her sleeping form and I gasp in shock as I see the place of the wound.

"No...... this isn't happening.." I mutter as I stand there.

"What's wrong?" Asriel asks me when he hears me.

"The wound...... I inflicted the same wound on her before I let her bleed out." I say quietly as my legs feel weak and I fall to the ground.

"Chara....she did this.." I whisper as I start sobbing on the ground.

"Shhhh it's okay Mom will be fine and Chara is gone, you totally obliterated her." Asriel says as he helps back up.

"That still doesn't make me feel any less bad about everything I did." I reply.

"This isn't your fault so stop feeling guilty."

"It is Asriel because it was my bloodlust that brought Chara back!" I yell at him.

"I played a part in it too! It is kill or be killed remember!?" He yells back at me.

"Can we stop arguing next to Mom's bed?" I say after a moment of silence.

"That sounds like a good idea." he replies quietly.

Asriel leaves the room and I just stand there looking at Toriel's unconscious body. I wipe the tears off my face.

"I hope you will get better soon Mom, I lost one already." I say to myself as I exit the room.

I close the door behind myself and I see Asriel standing there in the middle of the hallway and Sans leaning against the wall facing the door.

"Sans I have something to tell you." I say with a serious tone.

"what is it?" he asks me.

"It's about what I did after we first met." I say.

"I killed Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, Toriel everyone." I continue and he keeps looking at me with a calm expression.

"I killed everyone and then you tried to stop me, and then........ I killed you too." I say as tears start to form in my eyes.

"i knew." Sans says after a while.

"What?" I ask him confused.

"i knew that you had the ability to SAVE and i remembered everything." He replies still calm.

"Then why didn't you killed me right when you saw me?" I ask him confused and surprised.

"because i gave you a second chance and look where it got us." Sans says as points all around him.

"everything good that happened to us was because of you. you set us free and allowed us to walk on the surface. and i know that you regret everything you did. your face tells it all." Sans continues as he looks at me.

"so stop feeling so damn guilty. go home and get some rest i'll stay here with Tori. Asriel take her home please." 

"Sure thing." Asriel replies and lifts me from the ground. I silently thank him as I felt my legs reaching their limit.

We exit the hospital together and he flies us home. I am silent during the entire way back home and he doesn't say a thing either. He just carries me and places me onto my bed. He turns to leave the room in order to give me a time to change.

"Asriel?" I call out to him before he exits the room. He stops and looks at me.

"I am sorry for yelling at you." I apologize and then I look at him.

"It's okay." He says and leaves the room leaving me alone.