Gratitude

I wake up completely refreshed as I breathe in Asriel's scent. I feel warm as I touch his pure white fur. I open my eyes to see him smiling at me. I quickly withdraw my face turning completely crimson as he smiles at me.

"Sleep well?" he asks me.

"Do I really have to answer?" I reply trying to hide my blushing face as best as I can.

"So do you want to get breakfast?" Asriel asks me as he gets out of my bed.

"Yeah." I reply as I try to get out of my bed.

"Hey! Don't push yourself!" he yells at me worried.

I ignore his voice as I use my determination to move my leg. At first I don't feel anything, but suddenly I hear a crack and sharp pain spreads through my lower half. The feeling of being straightened little by little as my leg finally moves. Slowly I place it on the ground. When my leg reaches the floor I sigh. Sweat pouring from my forehead from such an exhausting task. I look at Asriel. He has this mixture of shock and happiness on his face. I rejoy as I finally feel my legs once again. I can't hold the tears back.

"They are back...... my legs are back......" I say exhausted as tears roll down my face.

Asriel picks me up and places me onto my wheelchair.

"Don't you ever do something like that, it's dangerous for your health!" Asriel tells me as he raises his voice.

"I am sorry..... but it felt like something I had to do." I reply as he opens the door that leads to the hallway.

"Let's just get you that breakfast shall we?" Asriel says in an accent that would fit some english lord.

He pushes my wheelchair through the house. When we reach the dining room he sets one of the chairs aside to make space for my wheelchair. He then runs of to the kitchen. I gasp when I notice him coming back holding a tea set. He places a small cup in front of me and pours tea in it from the jug. Then he hands me a small sugar bowl. I take three cubes of sugar from it and I carefully add them to the tea. I then proceed to stir them in using decorated spoon. When I see that the cubes have dissolved I take the spoon out. I grab the cup with my both cold hands. I place the cup near my mouth and I blow some air against the surface of the hot liquid in order to make it a little bit colder. After I feel satisfied with my blowing I finally drink it. The tea is warm and delicious I can taste orange  flavour hiding inside the tea. After my first drink I place it back on the table feeling amazing. I see him smile at me as he places a plate with Toriel's cinnamon/butterscotch cake. I grab the spoon which I used to stir the tea.

"Itadakimasu." I say happily as I dig into the delicious cake.

"Wait did you just speak in japanese?" Asriel asks me surprised.

"Yeah sorry happens to me sometimes." I apologize as I finish eating the cake.

"By the way did you tell that girl from our class that you like her?" I ask Asriel when he carries my plate back to the kitchen. He stops in his tracks and turns around to smile at me.

"Not yet, but I will soon, don't worry."

"Also I wanted to thank you for everything that you do for me." I say blushing as he places the plate inside the dishwasher.

"Oh you don't have to, it's what friends are for right?" he replies from the other room.

Friend...when I hear him say that word it's like my heart shatters.

"Anyway thanks for taking care of me, Asriel."

"You are welcome, Nilu."