Comparison

"So how was your "vacation"?" Toriel asks us as she places two plates with cinnamon-butterscotch pie on the table.

"Well.... thrilling and quite relaxing." I say after thinking for a while and I shot a Asriel a knowing look. Asriel smiles at me and I can't help but giggle. Toriel smiles happily and starts preparing dinner.

"Nothing beats her pies." I proclaim as I taste the pie on my plate. Asriel looks at me with a sad smile.

"Not even my pancakes?" He asks me pretending to sound sad.

"They are a close second." I say finishing my pie, I place my fork on the plate.

"Let me clean that up." Asriel offers as he takes my plate.

"Thank you." I kiss Asriel on the cheek as he passes by me.

"Well, time to prepare for school I guess." I say to myself as I head towards my room. I quickly close the door behind me and exhausted I fall on the bed.

"On second thought sleep sounds much better right now." I say to my only friend in the room, my pillow.

"Yeah much better." I sigh as I slowly close my eyes.

The next day........

"I have a really good feeling about that exam." I say to Asriel as I put my math books into my locker.

"That's great maybe it's going to be your breakthrough!" Asriel says happily as he starts unlocking his locker.

"It's me and math Asriel, I highly doubt that." I reply as I take out my notebook for history class.

"Who knows what will happen?" Asriel says and opens his locker. As soon as he does a huge pile of pink colored envelopes with hearts fall on the ground.

"Wow, that's quite a lot." Asriel says surprised as he starts gathering them from the ground.

"Yeah, quite a lot." I say hardly covering the saddness in my voice.

"For some reason the girls in this schools think that they can compare to you." Asriel says and stands up.

"Huh?" I let out as he pulls me closer and kisses me on the forehead.

"Like I said they just can't compare." Asriel smiles and ruffles my hair a bit. I just stand there speechless and blushing as some of the girls in the hallway start staring at us. Some have their eyes filled with jelousy while others with happiness.

"Come on we are going to be late for history class." Asriel says and stuffs the pile of letters back into his locker. Just as he locks it the school bell starts ringing signalizing the beginning of a new period.

"Y-yeah I am right behind you." I mutter out as I quickly start following him towards the classroom.