Homecoming

After Asriel stayed with me from middle of the night until morning, he told me about things that happened while I was gone. I felt really happy for him when he mentioned that he started getting piano lessons.

"One of these days you have to play for me." I smile at clearly embarrased Asriel.

"When I get better I will play for you." He responds with as he scratches the back of his head.

I try to sit down on the edge of the bed, but when I try to do so my legs don't respond. I start to panic. I pretend to smile at Asriel as I try to move my legs. He excuses himself saying that he needs to use the restroom. When he leaves I try to move my legs again. Nothing happens. I punch my left leg as hard as I can in my current state. To my shock I don't feel anything. As if my legs turned into a piece of flesh that doesn't belong to me. I use my hands to climb out of the bed. I fall on the cold ground of the hospital room. I pull myself up and I start to cry. As I cry I keep hitting my legs.

"Come on listen to me! You are my legs! You...are my....legs." I keep sobbing as I lie there on the floor.

Suddenly Asriel opens the door again and sees me lying there crying.

"Asriel, I can't feel my legs, I can't walk." I say as I look at him from the floor.

"Yeah, I am sorry I forgot to tell you." He says sadly.

"You forgot to tell me what that I will be a cripple for the rest of my life?" I almost yell at him.

"No, the damage that the car done to your spine will fix on it's own in time." he explains.

"In time? How is that even possible?" I ask him.

"Fixing a spine with magic is not as easy as restoring the destroyed ribcage." Asriel explains kneeling down to my level.

"Your spine received a little push in order to move to it's original place by itself." Asriel says as he lifts me from the ground and places me back on the bed.

"Thanks." I say as he covers me with blanket.

"Don't mention it." Asriel replies.

Two days later.......

Soft breeze envelops me as soon as Asriel pushes my wheelchair through the opened hospital door. I zip my blue sweatshirt with purple stripes that he brought me from home. Even though I am still quite shaken from the whole experience and I feel bad for being a burden for the next few weeks for everyone I feel quite happy. Asriel keeps leading me through the familiar streets until I finally recognize our home. He opens the wooden door for me and pushes me in. When I enter everyone jumps out of their hiding places.

"Surprise!!" they all yell as Asriel closes the door behind me.

Toriel quickly rushes to my side and hugs me with all her strength. I gasp for air as I look at Asriel for help. Suddenly a skeletal hand places itself on Toriel's shoulder.

"My child it is so good to see you finally home." she whispers into my ear and I can see her holding back tears.

"come on tori you are going to break the bones that I spent some much time repairing." says Sans in his usual lazy voice. Toriel releases me from her grasp and retreats to the kitchen.¨

"so how are you kiddo?" Sans asks me.

"Well expect for the fact that I am confined to a wheelchair for a few weeks and I almost died? Totally fine." I reply with a smile.

"NILU! PREPARE TO DEVOUR CAKE THAT I GREAT PAPYRUS BAKED YESTERDAY!!" Papyrus yells at me and forces me to hold a plate with a chocolate cake then he hands me a spoon and satisfied and full of energy leaves.

"It's not that bad." I say as I taste the cake.

"i would say that is an improvement." Sans replies looking at me.

"I am so glad to see you okay!" Alphys yells out as she approaches.

"Thank you!" I reply smiling.

She places a plastic bag onto my lap and blushing excuses herself.

"What did you get?" Asriel asks me curious.

"I'll take a look." I reply as Sans takes the plate with the cake from my hands.

"Wow." I manage to say.

"what is it?" Sans asks.

"Newest issue of the Tokyo Ghoul:RE!" I almost scream hugging the manga.

"It's nice seeing you so happy after everything that happened." Asriel says.