Fingertips of determination

I slowly breathe in the air around me. My body is turned towards the seemingly endless sea beyond the horizon. I bring the palms of my hands together, pressing them against each other. I close my eyes and I concentrate on the magic in my blood. At first I only feel a small spark inside me, but as I unveil more layers of my soul, I feel the spark slowly grow into a weak flame. The flame getting stronger with each second I cover my eyes as they blind me with their light. I open my eyes again and I look at my hands. A small rainbow colored light is emanating from my finger tips. I smile to myself and I turn around to face Asriel.

"Well done." He congratulates me and begins to come closer.

"Your eyes...." He notices and I look at him confused.

"What is wrong with my eyes?" I ask him.

"Your sclera changed color when you tapped in to the magic inside you." Asriel explains.

"Is that bad?" I ask him curious.

"No, it happens to me too." Asriel says and his sclera turns black as he transforms into his God of hyperdeath form.

"But it makes sense, because that is my magic in your blood stream." Asriel says looking deep in thought.

"Anyway is that all magic you can muster?" He asks me and points at my glowing fingertips.

"I guess, but isn't magic supposed to be like fireballs, blizzards and such?" I ask him.

"Magic has two forms, the one emanating from your fingertips is what we call Pure. While the other one is as you said elemental magic." Asriel explains to me as he opens the palms of his hand. In one rainbow energy starts to swirl into a shape of a small ball, while in his other palm a fireball starts to form. 

"Pure magic is more destructive, however requires more time, energy and skill to use. On the other hand (pun intended) elemental magic is easier to cast and doesn't require that much energy and it comes with additional effects. For example when you throw a small ball of pure magic on the grass." Continues to explain Asriel as he throws the rainbow colored ball on the ground before them. The small ball explodes and when the dust clears there is a small crater on the ground.

"Now elemental magic." Asriel says as he throws fireball on the ground. The fireball explodes setting the grass on fire. Asriel quickly snaps his fingers and the fire dissapears the only thing left after it being the small burnt patch of grass. I stare in awe at his display of magic skill and I sadly look at the small magic on my fingertips.

"Don't worry you will get the hang of it soon, you just have to stay determined." Asriel encourages me with a warm smile.

"Yeah, you are right." I say clenching my palms into fists and with a determined look on my face I look at him. I feel my magic rise from my fingertips enveloping my entire fists.

"Determination....." I say to myself as I look at my glowing fists.

"Very well then let's continue." Asriel smiles happily.