Mummy?

Once you saw the advertisement for a nanny, you started to plan out what you say when you met with Annabelle's father, Mr. Sangster. You had many good reviews from families all over the world, but you never believed in credentials. You had called the number and a server had answered and arranged an interview between you and the father.

On that date, you found yourself outside of a nice home with your neat attire and hair pulled back. Knocking on the door politely, a man opened it. "Miss Y/L/N?"

"Yes," you stated firmly, "I'm here for the nanny position."

"Right this way." You followed him through the splendid house, yet you remained professional and kept the polite smile on your face. The man led you to a closed room. He opened the door and stuck his head in. "Mr. Sangster, the woman interested in the nanny position is here," the man informed.

Mr. Sangster put his papers down and straightened his spine. "Send her in." The man stepped aside and gestured with his arm. "Thank you," you said with a smile. When you walked in, Mr. Sangster smirked. "Hello. Miss Y/L/N, am I correct?"

"Yes, Mr. Sangster." He gestured to the chair across him in his desk. "I read the advertisement," you recalled from memory, "Plays games-all sorts-, take Annabelle on outings-both of which I can do. Rosy cheeks and fairly pretty. I hope there's no problem with that." You were strictly professional throughout the whole ordeal.

He cleared his throat, "Not at all. Annie put that bit in." Mr. Sangster looked at you with a somber expression. "Ever since her mother left, I find it hard to care for her. I must warn you. She's had nannies in the past, but..." He trailed off, making you believe that it did not end well.

"Well, Mr. Sangster, I can assure you that I'll stay for as long as I am needed."

While he filed through your paperwork, he discussed the to see if you would be happy to work for him, "So, you'll have every second Saturday off. Your work hours will be through dinner, so I'll provide it. On weekdays, Annie is homeschooled so you may take a break then." He paused, trying to remember if he forgotten something. "I believe that that's all."

"Excellent, I'll see your daughter now," you insisted. He nodded and left to bring her to his office. You grabbed your bag that served as your purse. Mr. Sangster returned a few moments later with a little girl who couldn't be older than 5. One look at her and you could tell that she would be slightly spoiled, but by the time you leave, she'll be practically perfect.

"Annie, this is your new nanny, miss Y/L/N," Mr. Sangster introduced you.

You smiled. "Hello, Annabelle. Shall we go to your room and let your father work?"

Mr. Sangster's eyes widened as he glanced at his watch. "Oh fu-"

"Mr. Sangster," you cut him off with reproving eyes, "Perhaps, you should return to your job." With that, you and Annabelle left to her room. Placing your bag on a table, you inspected the room. Just as you suspected, there was a tremendous amount of toys that looked barely touched. "They're my dolls," Annabelle stated proudly.

"Oh, really?" you asked with slight amusement, "Have you played with them? It hurts their feelings when you don't."

She furrowed her . "It's just a doll and I don't want to play with them!"

"Well, if you keep treating them like that, they won't want to play with you," You replied, "Now pick up your toys."

"Are we going to ?" she asked, "Or read stories?"

"I love both of those activities. I love games, but I get to choose the game."

Annabelle's mouth fell open. "But that's not fair!"