A Precariously Large Cranium

"You're so cute!" You squealed, your mouth wide open and your hands clasped together out in front of you.

One slowly moves to be placed in front of your mouth as Thomas' character, Sam, speaks the most adorable line you have ever had the privilege of hearing.

"I think I'm in love," An audible, almost inhuman noise erupts from your chest.

"I think I'm in love!" You gush, causing Thomas to chuckle. The two of you are cuddled up on one end of the sofa, a woolen throw carelessly tossed across both of your laps, watching Love Actually.

He watched in amusement as you practically melt, the biggest grin stretched across your face as you watch the exchange between young Thomas and Liam Neeson.

"You, honey, are quite possibly the most adorable thing I have ever seen!" You sigh, placing a kiss against your boyfriend's cheek, releasing it with a loud smack.

He smiles and places a kiss on your forehead in return before getting settled with his face pressed against the crook of your neck. He begins places feather-light kisses against the base of your neck, very close to your collarbone. You groan and reach over to swat his face away.

"Love," he groans, leaning back so he doesn't get smacked.

"Would you watch the movie?" You asked, still transfixed on the screen and your boyfriend's adorable little self.

"I look like a bloody toddler and my hair is ginormous! Makes my head look even more so," he complained, to place kisses in various places on your neck.

"You, Thomas Sangster, look like an adorably-handsome young man ... with a precariously large cranium," you giggled, watching the corners of his mouth turn up in a grin before he leans back and sighs.

"What would I do without you, Miss Y/N?" He asks, grabbing one of your hands that are draped across your lap. He begins to play with your fingers, fiddling with the ring on your pointer finger.

"Not much, I'd say," you mutter, turning your attention back to the movie.

"Very true, darling," he murmured, his features softening as he stares at your face. His other hand reaches up to play with your hair, tugging at various strands and running his fingers through it.

You sigh in contentment and lean into his touch. "You know, little you is quite charming," you state, sneaking your boyfriend a sideways glance.

Thomas laughed. "Oh really? And adult me isn't?"

"Well, I wouldn't go that far."

This is what Thomas loved the most - the banter between the two of you. He had never been a man of many words but around you something simply clicked. Quite frankly, he wasn't sure he could ever keep his mouth shut when he was talking to you - he had to much to say. But what he loved was that you talked enough for the two of them and quite easily kept up with his sense of humor. Your personality complemented his quite well and he couldn't get enough of it - or you.

"And just how far would you go?"

"Well, I'm not saying you're not charming - you are in your own wonderful way - but if younger you asked me to run away with him I'd say yes in a heartbeat."

You both chuckled, while you gave his hand a loving squeeze, thinking that he might disappear if you even thought about releasing your grip.

"You know, dear, and this may come as a shock, we all know how you are - " this earned a hearty laugh and a hearty slap on the arm as well, "but me and him are the same person."

You rolled your eyes, leaning back and nuzzling yourself further into the depths of semi-uncomfortable couch. "Well, yes, but he's just a doll!" You smiled, pointing at his character that had returned to the screen.

"I'm a doll," Thomas spoke, quietly, and feigning hurt and puffing out his lower lip.

You stared at him for a moment, thinking, and came to the conclusion that while his younger self is simply darling, him now is the man you fell in love with and the man you find yourself falling in love with all over again. There's no comparison between the two.

"I love you, ugly," you murmur, sucking your lower lip between your teeth and smiling, unable to take your eyes away from his warm, chocolate brown eyes.

"I love you so much more, beautiful," he whispers, leaning over and placing the sweetest kiss against your lips.

Sitting here, warm and cozy on your couch, with the love of your life between your fingertips and body pressed flush against yours, you feel it. You are home and right now (and most likely forever), there is no place you would rather be.

"Also, we are so watching Nanny Mcphee after this."