Someone Special (Chapter 42)

Dean and Seth left the locker room so that Roman and Melody could be alone. Roman realized that he messed up, he saw how upset Melody was, she didn't say anything or look at him so he broke the silence.

"Melody... I... I'm sorry... Could we please talk about this?"

Melody was angry, and hurt. She wiped a tear from her face.

"What is there to talk about? It's obvious that you don't trust me... or Dean... I'm tired of this Roman!... We've been together for over a year now. How can we be in a relationship if we can't communicate and trust each other?"

"We can't... you're right Melody. This whole thing is on me. Communication and trust... are two things I need to work on."

Melody wasn't as angry anymore and finally looked at Roman.

"Why did you act the way you did? Why did you go off on me and Dean? Why would you think that we were sneaking around behind your back?"

"It's just... ever since last night when you first saw Dean, all the close contact with him just bothered me for some reason. I don't mean to act the way I do."

"I thought that you had something going on with Summer, but this is the second time you've thought I was messing around with someone else. This time you thought it was with Dean... Tell me why Roman... Why are you so jealous?"

Roman sat down beside her and took her hand.

"I don't know... I just don't like seeing you get close to any man... not even Dean. You're my girlfriend... After everything that's happened... I'm just... afraid. My worst fear isn't clowns like I said that day... my worst fear... is losing you. I don't want anyone to take you away from me. I was stupid for being jealous, I just keep messing up. You've given me a million second chances... I don't know why you put up with me. You've changed me... in a good way. There are things that I still need to work on... I do trust you Melody. All of this happened because I let my emotions get the better of me... You know me Melody, you know I have a hard time controlling my temper. That's one thing I still need help with. Look Melody... guys usually have a hard time communicating their feelings. I'm one of those guys. It's hard for a guy to admit when they're wrong. Two of the hardest things a guy has to say is I'm sorry, and I love you. I'm sorry Melody... I'm sorry for going off on you earlier and not trusting you, and I'm so sorry for hurting you. I just don't want to lose you... I can't lose you Melody. I love you! You're my whole life... my whole world."

Melody had listened to everything that Roman had to say. She smiled at him and kissed him. Roman didn't expect for her to kiss him so soon, but felt her smile into the kiss and he deepened the kiss. He pulled away for a moment and looked at her.

"I forgive you Roman... and I think that it's great that you're finally opening up to me about your feelings. So you're worst fear is losing me?"

"Yes. I'm just so afraid that I'm going to lose you to someone else, or that you don't want to be with me. That's why I was so pissed off when I saw you with Dean."

"Dean and I do have a close bond... He saved me from committing suicide so we will always have a special bond... I will always love him and Seth like brothers, but you're the only one I want to be with. I'min love with you Roman, and only you. You really don't have a reason to be jealous. I helped you with your temper before and I'll do it again."

"I'll work on communicating my feeling more... that way no one's feeling get hurt."

This time Roman gave Melody a quick kiss.