Chapter 36

Charlotte's point of view (AKA Lottie)

I woke up this morning to hear mum crying again. I walked downstairs to see her at her desk writing. More than likely it is another letter to Louis. She writes him two times a month and has never gotten a response back from him. It has been a little over a year since anyone in the family has seen or heard from him. It just breaks her heart that he does not respond. She still blames herself for his leaving. When he announced to her and my dad that he was gay it overwhelmed her and she ran out of the room. She came back just a few minutes later but Louis had already left. Dad told her that Louis was upset and felt rejected by her and stormed out crying. She ran to the door and tried to go after him but he was already gone. Dad told her to just give Louis time to calm down and call or write him a letter and apologize. She tried to call him that night and the next day but he never picked up. She tried to call him for days after he left but he had his phone disconnected. She has cried herself to sleep more times than I can count.

I just wish there was a way to make this right. I know that Louis loves us. I miss him so much. I don't care that he is gay because to me he will always be the best brother anyone could ask for. I walk up to mum and place my hand on her arm. She looks over at me and gives me a watery smile. "Can I add something to Louis's letter? I would like to tell him about my dance competition and how I received the first place trophy." "Of course you can love. I am sure he would love to hear all about it." She then gets up and pats the desk chair for me to sit down and goes into the kitchen to start on breakfast. I read over what mum has written. She tells him about what has been going on recently. She talks about how much we all love him and that we hope to hear from him soon. She returns just as I am finishing up and folds the letter placing some money in the envelope. She gives him a little extra every time she writes him. Just a little extra in case he needs it she always says. I hear someone walk in and look up. "Hi dad" I rush over to give him a big hug. Mum walks over with the letter and hands it to him. "Mark here is a letter to Louis. I have not sealed it in case you want to add something like you always do. Could you mail it for me?" "Sure thing love" he replies kissing her on the cheek and walking out of the room. I can hear Fizzy, Daisy, and Phoebe running down the stairs and then loudly enter the room arguing over something. Mum gets them calmed down and we all go into the kitchen and sit down for breakfast. After I help clean up the kitchen I go to my room and grab my teen magazine from my nightstand. I am lying on my stomach on my bed flipping through the pages looking for the page about current hairstyles when an article catches my attention. It is about Niall Horan so I just have to read it after all he is rich and hot and that is the perfect combination. It reads.

Niall Horan engaged

Niall Horan owner of Horan Enterprises the largest entertainment company in the world and one of the worlds' most sought after bachelors is settling down. He was recently spotted in his hometown of Mullingar Ireland on vacation visiting family and to also attend his brother Greg's wedding. He was spotted numerous times with a man identified as Louis Tomlinson. Louis is a twenty year old Uni student who accompanied Niall on his vacation. They have been photographed together holding hands, kissing, and also wearing matching rings. A family friend when asked confirmed the couple's engagement and stated. "Niall and Louis are so happy together. They are truly in love. I only wish the best for them."

I was in shock. My brother is engaged. And not only is he engaged but he is engaged to The Niall Horan. I am debating on whether I should tell mum about this. She is already so upset seeing this might set her off even more. Suddenly an idea pops into my head. I can reunite this family. I can bring everyone together. I still have some birthday money saved up. I will purchase a train ticket and travel to London. I can find Horan Enterprises and get them to track Louis down for me. I can then talk to him and ask why he has never written back. Why he doesn't visit or talk to any of us. I slip out and buy a ticket. I'm coming Louis.

Niall's point of view

It has now been a few days since we returned from Ireland. I have been turning down interviews left and right. Somehow word got out about my engagement before it could be officially announced. Lou and I are a hot topic right now. At least no one is bothering Lou yet. I have been spending every night at his flat. We have tried sleeping apart but I always find myself not being able to sleep without him next to me. Louis has agreed to move in with me at the end of the month when their lease expires. That will give him plenty of time to pack his things and have them moved over. He also has to inform his parents that he no longer needs them to pay his part of the flat rent. Liam has already asked Josh to move in with him and Josh said that he would. My secretary's voice interrupts my thoughts. "Mr. Horan there is a lady in the lobby that is very adamant that she sees you. She claims that she is related to Louis Tomlinson. She refuses to leave until she talks to you. Would you like me to call security?" Who could be there and how are they related to my Lou. I guess there is only one way to find out if they are a true relative or a reporter in disguise. I quickly exit my office and make my way to the lobby Liam closely following to confront whoever this is. Different thoughts just keep going through my brain. I quickly exit the elevator and make my way to the reception area anxious about what I am going to find.