Chapter 53

Niall’s point of view

I cannot believe it. Why is Liam acting like a jerk right now? They are perfect for each other. Why would he do this to Josh? I know Liam and he has to have a reason. Josh and Lou walk toward the bedroom. I was just about to go make popcorn when the doorbell rang. I quickly walk over and open the door to find a distraught Liam. He looks over at me and says. “Is Josh here? Please tell me he is. I was being a jerk earlier and asked him to leave but I didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean it. And now I c-can’t find h-him and he’s not a-answering his phone and I am so w-worried.” He stutters and starts to cry I sigh and I motion him in. “Josh is in the bedroom with Louis. Josh told us about your argument at the club. How could you even think he would cheat on you? He loves you too much to do that.” “I know I messed up really badly and I just really need to speak to him.” I look over and see Louis standing in the doorway to the living room arms across his chest with a scowl on his face. Liam looks at Louis and begs. “Please Lou can I see Josh. I just have to talk to him.” I hear Josh’s voice coming from behind Louis. “It’s o.k. Lou let him talk.”

Louis moves further into the room leaving an emotionally drained looking Josh walking in. Liam rushes over to him and stops in front of him. He reaches a trembling hand out to him but notices how Josh flinches away from him and drops it. He looks at him and says. “Baby I am so sorry I said all of those hateful things to you. I just got so jealous at the club. And then right before I confronted you my dad called and told me that my mum collapsed at work and they rushed her to the hospital. He told me that he would keep me informed and let me know if I needed to fly out to Ireland. And I really needed you but I did not want to say anything until I found out what was going on with her. And you were so angry with me and I felt so alone when you did not come to bed. And it made me angry that you ignored me. Ever since we moved in together we have never spent a night apart and I was just so worried about my mum and I acted stupid. I left early for work and when I came home I was still upset at you. After I stormed out I was driving around letting off some steam when my phone rang. It was my dad. He told me that the doctors had performed numerous tests and discovered a mass in my mum’s brain. They are not sure what it is. It could be anything from a cyst to b-brain c-cancer. I just stayed where I was on the side of the road for a long time. I do not know how I ended up at work but I did and spent the rest of the night sitting at my desk and crying. I had turned my phone off not wanting to get a call stating that my mum had gotten worse or died. That is why I did not answer any of your calls.” I was so upset when I got home that I took it out on you. I felt abandoned and alone and I asked you to leave but I didn’t mean it. I did not mean anything I said.”

“Josh I love you more than my own life. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without you. I was going to do this in two weeks but I just can’t wait any longer.” Liam lowers himself to one knee in front of Josh. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a simple silver band. “Josh this ring is a circle. It has no end just like my love for you will never end. I had forever engraved in the outside because every time you look at this ring I want you to remember that I will love you forever. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" Josh is standing in front of Liam with tears pouring down his face. He holds a trembling left hand out to Liam and whispers “Yes I will marry you.” Liam slides the ring on his finger and stands pulling him into a hug. Josh looks at him and says. “Liam we are a team don’t think you have to go through anything alone. I am here for you. I always will be. I forgive you and I will always love you.” He pulls in Liam for a kiss and Louis walks over to where I am at and kisses my cheek snuggling into my side. I am so happy that they worked this out. They break apart and look over at Louis and I and I cannot help but smile. Louis pulls away from me and runs over to Josh and coos and looks at the ring on his hand. Josh is standing there talking to Louis with a big smile on his face. I walk over to Liam and pull him into a hug. “Congratulations” I whisper as I hug him tightly. We pull apart and I say “You really have someone special there.” “I know I do” he smiles as he looks at Josh and Louis who are now deep in conversation heads close together.

Just then Phoebe walks in to the living room exclaiming rather loudly “Where is the popcorn. I’m starving.” We all look over at her laughing. “I will bring it down in just a minute let me finish talking to Liam and Josh o.k.” Lottie then comes into the room and looks down at her. “Hey you can help me make the popcorn while they talk. We are almost ready for the next movie to start.” Both girls quickly exit the kitchen and I ask Josh and Liam if they want to join us. They both decline and quickly leave to go back to their flat. I am glad that they do not live with me because I know that there will be rather loud make up sex in their immediate future. Louis walks over to me and wraps his arms around my neck pulling me close. “I love you” he softly says as our lips connect. We both pull apart rather breathless a few minutes later. My stomach still erupts in butterflies every time he kisses me and I cannot help the smile that spreads across my lips. “I love you more” I respond to him pecking his lips. We pull apart and walk hand in hand into the game room where everyone has gathered for the movie. I quietly tell mum about Liam’s mum and she starts to cry. They are good friends and I can tell that she is worried about her. She immediately gets on the phone and calls Liam’s dad to check on her. She talks for a few minutes then walks over to us with a small smile on her face. “Good news the mass that they found in her brain is a fluid filled cyst. They are going to go in and drain it. It is not cancer and she will make a full recovery with no more medical issues.” I feel relieved and pull Louis close kissing his temple as the movie starts. Two movies later everyone is exhausted and we all make our way to bed. Louis and I make sure to wear pajama pants to bed in case one of the twins sneaks in. They try to do that at every visit. We both drift off to sleep holding each other tightly.

The next day brings a lot of laughter. Liam and Josh decide to take the girls to the zoo so that mum and Jay can focus on the wedding plans. Louis and I go to out for our tuxedo fittings. We stop at Nando’s and have a late lunch and then go back to the house and make love before anyone comes back. We are sitting in the game room when mum and Jay return. Soon after Liam and Josh return with the girls and my house is suddenly filled with laughter as the girls play video games and the adults listen to Liam and Josh talk about their zoo trip and how Daisy reacted when an elephant sprayed her with water. Liam asks me if he can use the jet to fly out and visit his mum assuring me that he will be back in time for the wedding. I grab my cell out of my pocket and call my pilot and tell him to have my jet ready for a trip to Mullingar tomorrow morning. Josh is going with him to be there for him during his mum’s surgery. We finish the day out playing video games and just spending quality time with the family. I look around the room and think about how blessed I am.