Chapter 46

Louis’s point of view

My present. What could he possibly give me? I hope it is nothing extravagant. I am just not that type of person. We have already had arguments regarding money. In fact most of our arguments are about money. He periodically places money in my bank account in case I need it he says. I feel so bad. I have never been one to just accept stuff like that. I have always worked hard for what I need. I am just not used to being taken care of like that. I know he means well. I guess I will have to get used to it. He does like to spoil me. And I have to keep reminding myself that he has the money to do it. I just do not see him as a money source. I see him as the man I love with every fiber of my being. I love him for who he is. I would love him if he was a cashier at Tesco’s and we struggled to pay our bills. I look at Niall and say “I already have the best present I could get. I have you.” He smiles and pecks me on the lips. He stands and holds out his hand and pulls me out of the living room. We quickly walk to the bedroom and he closes the door behind us. He reaches in the nightstand drawer yet again and pulls out a small wrapped box.

I open it to find a key and a folded document. I lift the paper out and unfold it. I gasp as I read it tears forming in my eyes. It is the deed to the cabin we stayed at in Ireland. The one that I fell in love with. The one where we became closer as a couple. I have so many memories of that cabin. So many firsts that we experienced in our relationship happened there. It was like our own little private place where no one could bother us. I remember telling him that I wish we could come back to it as we were walking out the front door to leave. I never thought he would buy it for me. I read over the deed. It is in both of our names. I look over at him with tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. “I don’t know what to say. This is too much.” “I wanted you to have something special something that I knew that you would love. Now we have our own little hide away. A place to escape away from everything. A place where we can hide from the world. A place where we do not have to worry about anything. A place to take our future children when we go on holiday. A place where we can stay when we visit my parents or just go to whenever we want. A place that we can both call ours.” Niall says this as he rubs my arms looking into my eyes. I pull Niall into a hug whispering “Thank you I love it” into his ear.

He pulls back and looks at me with a wary expression. Oh this is not good. “Now for your second present.” He says pulling me out the bedroom door. Wait what. My second present? He has me pull on my jacket so the present must be outside. I am starting to get nervous. What does he have planned? We step outside and I cannot help but gasp at the sight in front of me. In the drive way sits a brand new Audi R8 Coupe in a stunning shade of blue with black accents. It has a huge red bow on top. I look over at him in shock. “I wanted to get you this Boo. The title is in your name. Now you do not have to ask every time you want to go anywhere. You can just climb in and drive wherever you want to go. Just make sure you always come back to me.” He jokes. I roll my eyes and pull him in for a hug. I have decided to just accept this gift and not argue with him about it. “I will always return to you. I could never leave you. You are my world Niall. I love you.” I pull back just enough to capture his lips with mine. I run my tongue across his bottom lip begging for entrance which he grants. Our tongues fight for dominance and I let him win this time. He pushes me against the front door pinning me between the cold wood and his hot body. I gasp for air as his lips detach and he starts kissing my jaw line. He finds my sweet spot and starts nibbling and sucking on it. Leaving a mark that will probably be there for days. I moan and dig my fingers into his shoulders. He reluctantly pulls away resting his forehead against mine. “We should get back in it is freezing out. I do not want my Boo to get sick.” Niall says as he pecks my lips a few more times. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a key. “Do you want to take it out for a test drive or just park it in the garage for now?” I’ll park it for now.” I say grabbing the key with a shake of my head. “You are too much. You had better be glad I love you.” I lightly punch him on the shoulder. He chuckles and goes inside to open the garage door.

I climb in after taking that ridiculous looking bow off the top. This car has leather seats and I think every option known to mankind. And at least I have OnStar. That way I will be less likely to get lost going somewhere. The garage door opens and I pull my car next to the Lamborghini. This is the last spot in the garage. He cannot buy anything else unless he wants to build a bigger garage. I roll my eyes at that thought and close the car door and go to meet Niall and the rest of the family in the living room. Everyone has opened the rest of their gifts and the adults are throwing away the wrapping paper and boxes that litter the floor. I sigh in contentment curling into Niall’s side. He kisses my cheek and turns his focus on the twins who are excitedly showing him the new dolls that they received. He focuses all his attention on them and has both of them giggling. He’s going to be a great dad. I can just see him with our children. He is so patient with the twins and anyone who can get Fizzy to talk to them has to have a way with children. I look around the room at the family and friends gathered there. I have never felt so happy.