Chapter 47

Niall's point of view

"Here you go baby" Louis softly says in my ear handing me a glass of champagne. We are in a penthouse overlooking Times Square. I have a clear view of the ball that will drop at midnight and all of the activity below. Lou wraps his arms around me thanking me again for bringing him with me on my business trip. I had several meetings to attend in the two days we have been here but I have completed those and now I can ring in the New Year with my BooBear. It is two hours until midnight. I could have gone to any party I wanted, and was invited to numerous ones, but I would rather spend it quietly with Louis. I turn in his arms and kiss him pulling him close. I notice him shivering and decide it is time to warm up a bit. I pull my lips reluctantly away from his and grab his hand pulling him inside and shutting the balcony door. "Let's stay in here. It is cold outside." We both walk to the sofa and I sit down pulling him beside me. I turn and look at him. "I am so glad I get to spend New Year's with you. I can start the year off with the person I love." I cup his cheek and pull him in for a kiss which quickly turns into a very heated snog.

He pulls away long enough to set his and my champagne down and straddles my lap. He rests his forehead against mine. I can feel his hot breath on my lips. "I love you Niall." He leans down and kisses me deeply. He peppers kisses along my jaw line and rests his head on my shoulder. We stay in that position for a while just enjoying being in each other's arms. That is what I love about us. Our relationship is not just about sex. We both share a deep love for each other. I pull him closer to me nuzzling his neck and enjoying being with him. He is so perfect. What did I do to deserve him in my life? We have the television playing and can hear that it is ten minutes until the New Year begins. We both stand and grab our jackets pulling them on as we make our way to the balcony. I pull him close and we look at all of the excitement of Time's Square. I kiss the side of his neck and whisper "I love you" in his ear. Before we know it the countdown begins.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Happy New Year!

"Happy New Year Boo. I love you." I whisper leaning in for our first kiss of the New Year.

Louis's point of view

It is now mid-January. I can hardly believe it. I am getting married next month on Valentine 's Day. I will officially be Louis William Tomlinson-Horan. Niall will remain Niall James Horan. He chose not to take my last name not as an insult to me or my family but because he did not want a last name that reminds him of Mark. I am standing at the counter reading yet another letter from Mark. This is the eighth letter I have received from him since Christmas. He always talks about his day. What the girls were doing when he visited them, how things going on in his life. And he always ends it with "I love you son." These are so different from his past letters. I have still not made up my mind about whether or not I will forgive him. I had over a year's worth of mental abuse from him. Not to mention the fact that he tried to choke me to death. I carried those bruises around for weeks. Mum has not forgiven him either. They have officially separated and the girls are taking it well. He goes over there once a week and spends time with them but he is not allowed to take them anywhere. I do have to admit it will be a long time before I can trust him. I go to my desk drawer and add the letter to the growing pile from him. I walk back to the kitchen to start dinner. Niall will be home in an hour. I already have my homework done and can focus on Niall tonight. My thoughts keep drifting to our upcoming wedding.

I cannot help the excitement that bubbles in my chest. On Valentine's Day I will have a husband and by June I will have my degree. I will have graduated with honors, one of the top in my class. I can then become a drama teacher at a nearby school or Uni. I know with Niall's money I do not have to work. And he has told me that I don't have to but this is something I have dreamed of. I have always wanted to teach high school students. To direct and perform plays. To see my students eyes light up with excitement over learning new things. Plus that will give me an opportunity to earn money. I am not the type of person to sit around at home. I would be so bored. And I will enjoy spending money that I have earned. My college years were filled with lots of sadness but I cannot say I regret it. If it was not for my assignment for my music class I would not have met Niall. If it was not for our Ireland trip Lottie would have never seen me in that magazine and ran away to find me. I might have never been reunited with my family. Last year was filled with some of the saddest times in my life. But it was also filled with some of the happiest times. And I can honestly say I owe all of those happy moments to Niall. He is my everything and I cannot imagine my life without him.

I turn the radio on and dance around the kitchen. I have decided to make spaghetti for dinner. I am standing at the stove getting ready to prepare the sauce when I feel two arms wrap around me. I decide to have a bit of fun so I whisper rather loudly. "Is that you Alexander? You have to leave before my husband finds out. He will kill you if we are found together." I say dramatically throwing my hand up and resting the back of my wrist on my forehead. I can hear Niall chuckle in my ear. "So that is what you are up to when you are here by yourself. I guess I will just have to stay at the office with my secretary and give you both some alone time." I quickly turn in his arms and narrow my eyes. "So, you and the secretary? Niall I am shocked I thought you loved me." I fake sob into my hands but it quickly turns to laughter as Niall pulls my hands away from my face. He pulls me close and gives me a kiss that quickly turns passionate. As we are kissing he backs me to the island counter and lifts me up so that I am sitting on the edge. I quickly part my legs and he steps in between them. Dinner is quickly forgotten as clothing is shed and loud moans soon fill the kitchen. He then makes love to me right on our kitchen counter. Dinner ends up being a little late that night but neither one of us cares.