Chapter 50

This chapter is dedicated to AshtonLeigh. Thanks for following me.

Louis’s point of view

We have landed in Sydney and are heading to the car Niall hired for us with our things. We arrive at the hotel and Niall and Liam get ready for their meeting while Josh and I get settled in our rooms. They head off and Josh and I decide to sightsee a little. We walk around for a little bit and soon both of us find that we are tired. We decide to head back for a quick nap before Niall and Liam get back. They soon return and we join them for a late lunch. Niall decides to call Luke’s mum and see if it is o.k. to come over. She invites all of us over to dinner and we give our driver directions and head to her flat. She greets us at the door with a huge smile on her face and tears pouring down her cheeks. She grabs Niall in a bone crushing hug repeatedly saying thank you over and over again. She finally releases Niall and greets the rest of us inviting us inside. When we enter we are greeted by Luke. I have to admit. I was not sure about him but he really has proved his worth to me. He is a really nice guy and he did save our lives. Cassandra could have killed us if he had not stopped her. He was only given community service for his involvement and he went above and beyond to make sure he fulfilled his part of it. Suddenly two beautiful girls come running down the hallway. Luke introduces his sisters to us. They look so happy and healthy. You would never guess that they started life conjoined. Luke explains to us that the doctors have given them a clean bill of health. They have no medical issues and can live life like normal children.

Luke’s mum tells us dinner is ready and we all sit down at their table to eat. Luke excuses himself a little early stating he has somewhere he needs to be. His mum smiles fondly at him as he exits the room. She looks over at Niall and says. “Luke and his band are playing a benefit concert later on tonight to raise money for a local family that lost their home due to a fire. The family is living in a homeless shelter right now as well as trying to take care of a recently paralyzed child. They are overwhelmed with medical bills right now and the town has decided to do this to help them out.” Niall looks over at her and stated. “I did not know he was in a band.” “Oh yes he is the lead singer. All of the boys in it are best friends. They have known each other all of their lives. The name of their group is 5 Seconds of Summer.” Niall excuses himself and I can hear him in another room talking to someone. He returns and asks Luke’s mum where the concert is being held. She tells him and he quickly texts someone. I look over at him questioningly. He smiles and explains himself. “I would like to hear his group and see how they are. One of my top executives is in town for our meeting and we are going to swing by there and listen to them. What time does it start?” She tells him that it begins at 7:00 and he relays that to whomever he is texting. Luke’s mum inquires who will be watching the group along with us and Niall just smiles and says. “Simon Cowell.”

We have met up with Simon and are listing to the various bands playing. The announcer comes up to the mike and says. “Now for the group you all have been waiting for here is Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin also known as 5 Seconds of Summer. The crowd literally starts to go crazy. I can tell everyone loves this group. They begin to play

"Try Hard"

She's dropping out of school 'cause she don't need the grade,
The colors in her hair don't seem to fade,
I get dressed up when I go out but she gets dressed down
She's 17 I've told her I'm 20,
I couldn't take her out 'cause Mom's got no money,
It's stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow
Sitting here at home, it's obvious

[Chorus]
She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again
'Cause I'm trying too hard again

She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered,
I play guitar but she's into drummers,
She's seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name
I pierced my lip so she thinks I'm cool,
I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school,
I followed her 'round the town but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now
Sitting here at home, it's obvious

[Chorus]
She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again

But now, who knew?
She's in the crowd of my show
Nothing to lose,
She's standing right in the front row
The perfect view,
She came alone on her own,
And there's something that you should know

You're so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause you make me feel, you make me feel,
Yeah she makes me feel, she makes me feel
It's obvious

[Chorus]
She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard
'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,
Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,
'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down
That she makes me think, makes me think,
That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again
(and again, and again, and again, and again)
'Cause I'm trying too hard again
(and again, and again, and again, and again)
'Cause I'm trying too hard again

I think we are all shocked by the end of the song. Niall looks over at Luke’s mum and asks. “Who wrote this song it is amazing.” She smiles and says “Luke wrote the lyrics and the band came up with the music.” Niall and Simon walk over to a corner and are in a deep discussion. Luke’s group asks for an audience request and starts to perform the audiences’ song. Niall walks up and looks at Luke’s mum. “What would you say to Horan Enterprises signing Luke’s group to a contract. They are amazing and Simon and I think that they could be the next big thing. Do you think they would go for it?” She looks ant Niall with tears in her eyes. “They would absolutely love it. It has always been their dream to perform for people.”

Simon then snags the announcer pulling him over and talking to him. The announcer nods his head vigorously with a huge smile on his face. He rushes out on stage as soon as they finish performing. “Everyone I have an announcement to make. We have two special people in the audience today and they would like to make an announcement.” Simon and Niall walk out on stage and the crowd starts to go crazy when they recognize them. The announcer hands the microphone to Simon and he looks over at the awestruck boys and smiles at them. “Mr. Horan and I would like to make an announcement. We have been observing this group and were simply amazed by their talent. We would like to offer them a contract with Syco if they are interested.” The crowd goes crazy and the boys in the band start grabbing each other with tears in their eyes. They are so emotional it takes a few minutes for them to calm down enough for an answer. They are all huddled in a group crying and talking. Luke separates himself from them and walks over to Simon. He is still holding his mike from his performance earlier and raises it to his mouth with a trembling hand. “5 Seconds of Summer would be honored to be your next band.”

They all exit the stage together setting up times for them to meet and discuss contracts. Before we leave Niall inquires about the family who lost their home and finds out that they are a family of five, a husband and wife and three children. He pulls me along with him and we go over to talk to the person heading up the fundraiser. She introduces us to the family and they are the nicest people. The youngest child was hit by a car causing her to be paralyzed but she is the happiest looking child I have ever seen. Niall pulls the lady heading the fundraiser off to the side to speak with her. Niall asks her if they have met their goal for money needed to rebuild and she informs him that they are still $20,000.00 short. He enquires about who he needs to make a donation to and they fill him in on how to go about it. He then writes a check for $40,000.00 stating that the excess amount can help them with furnishing the home or whatever else they need. The accountant handling the fundraising money runs to the family and tells them what just happened. They then rush over to where Niall and I are. The mum grabs him and hugs him tightly thanking him for the donation. The dad just stands there with tears in his eyes. I am actually crying as well. Niall has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He finishes up his conversation with them and we go to leave the concert making our way to the hotel we are staying at. We arrive at the room and I pull Niall close and gaze into his beautiful blue eyes. “You are simply amazing do you know that.” I kiss him trying my best to pull him as close to me as I can. He pulls back looking at me with lust filled eyes. “Earlier you told me that I needed to be punished but I think you are the one that needs to be punished. After all you started it by hitting me with that piece of paper and I think I know just what your punishment should be. He smirks and my knees go weak at the look on his face. I can tell this is a punishment that I will thoroughly enjoy.