Matthew

{divergent}
{not damaged - Matthew X reader}

Tobias looked at Tris with so much love and determination. You could only hope that someone looked like that at you. You were not beautiful. You were not stunning, did not have a thigh gap, didn't have beautiful easily managed hair. Being Dauntless-born, you had a sense of self-preservation over anything else, especially with your childhood. Your family abused you. Your mother, committed suicide, your brother, who once tried to rape you, transferred to Erudite and worked with Jeanine, leaving with your drunk abusive father. You were constantly chained up, punched, slapped, tortured, and learned to never trust a man. But that doesn't mean you didn't want someone to love you...

You were riding with Tris, Tobias, Caleb, Christina, Cara, and Uriah outside the gates. You were always suspicious of what lay outside the walls, what the leaders were and weren't telling you, and today you were going to find out. So far, it was just a desert nothingness, but in the distance you spotted something. As you drew closer, it wasn't a something, it was a someone. He was armed and looked about ready to kill, but at the sight of you guys, he waved his gun frantically. You drove towards the man, but cautiously.

*At the Bureau of Genetic Welfare*

Tobias came up behind you.

"Lot to swallow, no?" he says, sitting beside you as you stare at the symbol of the Bureau, the granite slab with drops of water eroding it. You had just found out about the whole Genetic experiment, being damaged and all that. Like Tobias, you thought you were Divergent. In reality, you just had a strong gene to fight the serums. You sighed and turned to him.

"Its a little hard to manage. I don't actually get it. They let all those people in Abnegation die, even though they were mostly Divergent? I thought there goal was to help increase the Divergent Population." you sigh.

"Actually, Jeanine got it wrong. Most of the Divergent were in the Factionless" A new voice chimed. You looked to the source of this new voice.

A tall man looking to be about your age stood their. (This is going to be short hair Reid with the adorable glasses)

"Im Matthew. You must be (y/n)(y/l/n)" he said sticking your hand out. You grimaced at the mention of your name and took it.

"You have that correct" you say. He was slightly attractive. Who were you kidding? No one could hear your thoughts. He was VERY attractive. A little awkward looking, yes, but still attractive. You smiled. You could tell by his eyes he had been through a lot, but was in no position to harm you. You felt like you could trust him. This was big, because you could barely trust Tobias.

He seemed to think of something good, because his usually serious face was suddenly overwhelmed in a smile.

"hey, um, i want to show you something." he said, smiling as he grabbed your hand. you glanced back at Tobias, who just nodded. Tobias was like a over protective brother to you, ever since he took you under his wing after dauntless initiation. You followed Matthew into a room, where he closed the door behind you. He switched on the lights, and smirked as you gasped.

"its beautiful" you whispered.