~Chapter 2-The skele-bros~

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

"Gee, why is it so cold underground?" I hold my arms close.

The snow under my feet made a cracking sound every time I stepped on it, leaving footprints.

I gaze at the trees, realizing that they're not moving. I sigh, hanging my head; noticing a stick laying on the ground. I roll my eyes and step over the stick. Maybe just a few steps away from the stick, I hear something crack behind me. I whip around to see that the stick was now broken. I turn back around and break into a full on sprint.

"I'm dead I'm dead!" I yell, stopping at a poorly made cage thing.

I hear foot steps behind me, they sounded heavy. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping it wasn't real.

"H U M A N. . ."

I shake my head.

"D O N T Y O U K N O W H O W T O G R E E T A P A L? T U R N A R O U N D A N D S H A K E M Y H A N D. . ."

I let out a shakey breath, turning around, I see a tall skeleton holding out his hand. I gulp and grab his hand, only to be shocked.

"Ouch!" I yank my hand back.

The tall skeleton goes into a fit of laugher. I back into the fence, giving his a scared look.

"Ah, the old zapper in the hand trick." He hits his knee.

I send him a glare.

"Lighten up, kid. I'm papyrus." He smirks, peering into my face.

"What's your name?"

"(Y-y/n)..." I blush at how close he is.

He stands back up straight, lighting a cigarette.

"Ya know, I'm supposed to be catching you, but I'm not really into that stuff." He nods, shoving his hands into his pocket.

"But my brother? He's a human hunting FANATIC."

I stiffen, looking around frantically.

"You don't have to be scared. He wouldn't hurt a fly." He waves his hand to the fence behind me.

"You can go through that. My brother made it to short." He chuckles, holding out his hand for me to take.

This guy isn't so bad. I'll trust him. I grab his hand and he leads me over the fence. He he had a all knowing smile. It was sort if cute.

We come to a clear with a little stand and a random rock. I scratch my head and shrug.

"PAPYRUS!" I hear someone yell.

"Quick, hide behind that conveniently shaped rock." Papyrus points.

I run over and bend down behind the rock so no one could see me.

Then a short skeleton goes rushing over to papyrus. He was adorable. He had a blue cape and his clothes were grey.

"Papyrus! Have there been any humans through here?" The small (smol) skeleton asks quite loudly.

"I don't know. I was just admiring this rock. Want to take a look?" He asks.

I go into a state of panic.

"No you lazybones! You probably haven't even been watching!"

"Hey, I've got a ton of work today. A skele ton."

"PAPYRUS!"

Then the two continue to fight and ramble, then eventually, the little skeleton leaves with a cute "MWEHEHE!"

"You can come out now." Papyrus motions.

I step out and smile.

"You two are funny." I snicker.

He rolls his 'eyes' and pat my head.

"Mind doing something for me?" He asks, bending down to my height.

"What?"

"You see, San has been kind of upset lately. It would be awesome if you could cheer him up." He give me a hopeful smile.

"Of course." I nod.

He stands up and nods back, I wave to him, heading on my way. When I get further up the track, I see Papyrus and Sans talking.

"AND ALPHY'S-" Sans stops his sentence.

He sees me standing there. Then they look at each other back and forth for a long time. My jaw flys open when I look behind me to see papyrus not there.

"Wow he walks fast." I mumble.

"OH MY GOSH?! PAPYRUS IS THATS A HUMAN?!"

"Actually, I think that's a lamp." He points behind me.

I raise a brow and glance behind me, seeing a lamp sitting there. I look back at the two with a 'really' face.

"Oh..." Sans sigh.

"Hey, what's that in front of the lamp?"

Sans sees me and his face lights up.

"(I... Is that a human?)"

"(Yes.)"

"OH MY GOSH!" Sans beams with glee.

He points to me with his cape flying behind him.

"HUMAN! I, THE GREAT SANS, WILL HAVE MANY PUZZLES FOR YOU!" He exclaims.

I smile and nod. Sans turns around and sprints in the other direction. Papyrus gives me a thumbs up before going back to his cigarette.

How do skeletons even smoke? I'll never know.

I continue up the path and continue to do puzzles. This one puzzle was like all kinds of these colored tiles. Sans explained all the rules which was very confusing. When he finally pulled the switch, only the red and pink tiles showed up. I could just walk over the red ones with no problem. Sans seemed go twirl away after that.

So after all the little, cute puzzles, I come to a huge wooden bridge. I'm afraid of heights, so I was shaking not just from the cold.

"HUMAN!" Sans points.

I give him a panicked look as the bridge moves. Papyrus and Sans seemed to notice my fright.

"Yo kid, you alright?" Papyrus asks.

"N-not really. J-just a little scared of heights." I tell them, glancing down at the darkness below me.

Sans strokes his chin and nods.

"I'm willing to put away this puzzle for you, human!" Sans nods, pressing a button so all the swinging spikey things go away.

I give him a concerned smile but grip onto the railing for dear life. Sans, without looking afraid at all, walks onto the bridge and over to me, holding out his hand for me to take. I shyly grab his hand, not looking down. He turns a faint blue at my touch. He leads me to the land with a shy smile across his face. Once on land, I grab the collar of papyrus' hoodie and yank him into a hug. He seemed startled at my sudden affection, but returned the hug any way. When I let go, I see that Sans looked upset. I smile and pull him into a hug, as well. For as short as he was, I was still shorter than him, which was weird. When I let go, I place a kiss on his cheek, making him turn completely blue. I wave to the two before heading on.

'Welcome to Snowdin!'

I smile nod.

Getting pushed down here wasn't so bad after all.