~Chapter 13-Trying but failing~

-Sans' P.O.V-

"Just tell her already."

"BUT- I CAN'T!"

"Dude, if she hasn't run away yet, she never will."

"That does not help my self confidence!"

"Look, just say three words. Its simple."

"Yeah, like-... like YOU know anything about love."

I've been fighting with papyrus for awhile now. (Y/n) was nice enough to stay at the house while papyrus and I went to check for other humans.

"You have to do it some day. You can't just wait forever." He says seriously, sitting down in the snow.

I cross my arms, shaking my head.

"I've never done it before!"

"Neither have I, but I'm still telling you to do it."

I huff, turning around sharply, walking past him with a determined look.

"If she says no I'm coming after you!" I shout back at him, deadly serious.

"Counting on it!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

I sat on the couch staring blankly at the TV with tired eyes. Sans and papyrus asked me to stay home while they checked for humans.

"I wonder when they'll be back..."

I get snapped out of my thoughts when the front door opens. I instantly smile at seeing Sans walk in the door. He looked nervous.

"Hey, Sans! Are you okay?" I ask in a worried tone.

He only nods, walking over and sitting beside me. I blush, looking down at my feet that hung off the couch.

"I-I have something to tell you!" He says, his hands clenched into fists.

I nod, telling him to continue. He takes a deep breath, reaching out his gloved hand and grabbing mine. I bite my tongue, turning completely red. Ears and everything. He wasn't blushing too bad, but a hint of blue was still lingering on his pale cheeks that was so fun to kiss at the best times.

"Papyrus told me to do this since I was too scared to do it anytime soon..." He scratches his cheek with his free hand.

I smile gently, placing a hand on the side of his face.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Of course! It's just... you might not like me after this."

I scoff playfully, kicking my feet and giggling.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not leaving anytime soon. I mean, I stuck around even after your tacos, lame brother, and people stalking me." You say seriously, still blushing like a mad man.

"Then I'll just say it!" He seemed go get a boost if self confidence.

I tuck some hair behind my ear and start to worry. What if he doesn't want to be friends any more?

"Princess... I lo-"

He was interrupted when a knock on the door rang through the deadly silent house. Sans sighs, standing from the couch and pressing his teeth to my cheek. It's become normal for us to give a quick kiss on the cheek. He rushes over and opens the door, his sad smile turning into a sour one.

"Hey... Alphys, Undyne." He greets, opening the door all the was for them to come in.

I spring off the couch and run up the stairs, almost tripping on the way up. I dunk behind the stair railing and peek up, my eyes narrowed.

"Why did she run?" The fish lady asks.

"Well, she's just really shy." He shrugs, not wanting to tell the whole story.

I growl lightly, loud enough for Alphys to hear me, which she flinched at.

"So! Why are you guys here?" Sans asks in a fake joyful tone.

"Alphys told me that you and a human had become friends and I wanted to meet her!" Undyne smiles nervously.

"Oh! Let me go get her." Sans holds out his finger, walking up the stairs to see me laying on the floor.

"I'm not going down there." I mumble, rolling onto my side.

"But... Undyne wants to meet you..."

"Yeah, and Alphys almost killed me and you awhile back." I sit up, crossing my arms like a stubborn child.

He sighs, nodding in understanding. He walks back down the stairs, shrugging.

"She doesn't feel well. But she did say she'll come and see you at your lab tomorrow!" Sans exclaims, fixing his cape.

My jaw drops. I never agreed to this.

"Oh, well, o-okay! See you later then!" The two wave before walking out of the house.

I suddenly fly down the stairs, peering into Sans face.

"I did not say anything about visiting!" I say quietly.

He only smiles, shrugging innocently.

"Oops?"

I plop down on the couch acting like I was in a bad mood. Sans only snorted, seeing right through my act.

He acted so happy, but he doesn't know I can see right through him as well. I saw sadness and disappointment, like he needed to get something off his chest. Yet, he still seemed determined.

What did he want to say just a minute ago?

Should I ask him?