|Plans|

Elliot

Uber's gosh I hate them nine times out of ten they over charge you and the drivers a weirdo. Lucky me I made it home safe but not sound. As I walked through the door I saw my mother sitting on the floor. This was a first usually she'd be locked in her room. I didn't say a word and she didn't move a muscle. I read all Parker's texts including the one about his mother wanting to meet my parents. I decided that this would be a good time to inform my mother on our plans.

"Parker Vince, my new boyfriend is coming over Friday with his mother to have diner with us. I'll be calling dad soon so he can joins us for this special occasion." I thought I saw the slight movement of her head but I wasn't sure.

I called my "beloved" father but got his voice mail. I knew he would call me back so I didn't sweat it. He was probably chasing around his new finance. I met her she didn't stand a chance against mom. I didn't hold any grudges against my father when he and my mother split.

As I got older I knew exactly why they went their separate ways. He couldn't handle seeing the woman he love destroy herself. And knowing he was the cause of her self destruction. My father ran away from his problems and the day he left us is when things for my mother took a dark turn.

When the two came together the love between them was undeniable. My mother resented him but we all know she misses him terribly. All that was hidden behind her big smile and in those brown eyes.

I got out the shower just as my phone was ringing. I answered it putting the phone to my ear,"Father." He wasn't much of a father but it didn't feel right giving the title to someone else. "Elliot you never call what's the occasion" I rolled my eyes.

"I have a boyfriend he's coming over, and wants to meet my parents be here at the house Friday." This is no way you talk to your father but it's the only way I knew how. "What time should I be there" he asked in thick Spanish accent.

"Six thirty" The only time my parents would come together is for me. They played the part well but it didn't last long. We ended our conversation and I went down stairs to eat something.

I spent the entire day in bed this whole thing with my parents was getting to me. Late night I got Parker's good night text I smiled. I couldn't help it the kid was slowly growing on me.

The next morning I got ready for school. Tending my wild curls was a task after conditioning and washing it the night before. I let them be free not really caring how my hair looked. I was letting this whole dinner Friday throw me off my game.